All-Star Nfinity To Varsity Shoes-would Your Cp Do It?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Take an Nfinity vengeance to a doctor and they will tell you that your kid is pretty much cheering in socks. Gym has Nfinity my HS kids had Nfinity went from V Force to Varsity Edge (love) ...
We liked V Force but they are heavier than we like. I had 10/43 kids complain of shin splints and knee pain wearing the vengeance in a season... after switching to v Force for a season- zero (one kid even stopped using her patellar strap she's used for years)... now with the edge, still no complaints.
Our kids love the way the edge wears. Mutliple ones have said it's the most comfortable and supportive shoe they have ever worn. They HATE that it's not a smooth bottom though. Not exactly comfortable on bases hands.

Take an Nfinity vengeance to a doctor and they will tell you that your kid is pretty much cheering in socks. Gym has Nfinity my HS kids had Nfinity went from V Force to Varsity Edge (love) ...
We liked V Force but they are heavier than we like. I had 10/43 kids complain of shin splints and knee pain wearing the vengeance in a season... after switching to v Force for a season- zero (one kid even stopped using her patellar strap she's used for years)... now with the edge, still no complaints.
Sorry to revive this thread, but I still haven't replaced my kiddos shoes and I was rereading this thread for tips again. Is the Edge too heavy a shoe for All Star and flying? I love everything you are saying about the support and comfort. Is it light weight like the V-force? TIA!

Considering the weight of uniforms these days with all the crystals, the weight of shoes by fractions of an ounce is fairly negligible.

Sorry to revive this thread, but I still haven't replaced my kiddos shoes and I was rereading this thread for tips again. Is the Edge too heavy a shoe for All Star and flying? I love everything you are saying about the support and comfort. Is it light weight like the V-force? TIA!
It's super light- my kids are quite pleased with it and enjoy the ability to change the insert. We have done track conditioning on a bran new track and the kids have had zero knee complaints...

My girl made the switch from Nfinity to Varsity about 2 years ago. We get (almost) a whole season out of them and she prefers them. They offer her more support.

I made the switch from allstar to collegiate cheerleading for this season. I was a ride or die nfinity girl but was forced to go varsity this season. I was extremely hesitant but I adore my varsitys. Very supportive, and I can stand in them for hours without pain which I could not do in nfinities due to lack of support. 100% would recommend switching, wish I had done it sooner.

My Cps have both worn Nfinity Defiances for the past few yrs and it seems they arent making them anymore...I'm so bummed. They have decent support and do not fall apart like the other varieties of Nfinity seem to. My older CP has been in hers for almost 2 yrs now and they are still going strong since her feet are not growing anymore it seems. May have to look into some of these varsity shoes when the time comes.

So true. My daughter has had minimal ankle and foot problems (just knocked wood and spit three times) since she changed to No Limit and now V-Ros. This season her team and gym are all using Varsity and I am praying that they are more supportive than Nfinities. Regardless of the brand, though, she always has and always will pull out the insole and replace it with a sports orthotic.

The Rebel Ruthless shoes are amazing! Bases love to base them, they are a good shoe for any position, they have the perfect amount of support for the ankle and foot too. When it comes to Varsity vs Nfinity, Varsitys defiantly have more support but Nfinitys overall (in my opinion anyways) are better for flying while still light and somewhat supportive in tumbling.

The Rebel Ruthless shoes are amazing! Bases love to base them, they are a good shoe for any position, they have the perfect amount of support for the ankle and foot too. When it comes to Varsity vs Nfinity, Varsitys defiantly have more support but Nfinitys overall (in my opinion anyways) are better for flying while still light and somewhat supportive in tumbling.

Sounds good and they are nice looking shoes. What's the sizing compared to Nfinity (Vengeance)?

ETA: I saw on an old thread that a couple of people say they run just like Nfinities. Do you agree? Thanks!

Last edited:
For most of my athletes I found that they run a full size up from Nfinitys, some people only a 1/2 size. Ex: 7.5 in Nfinitys = 8.5 in Rebel.

Sounds good and they are nice looking shoes. What's the sizing compared to Nfinity (Vengeance)?

ETA: I saw on an old thread that a couple of people say they run just like Nfinities. Do you agree? Thanks!
They run like Kaepa's because they are Kaepa's.

I was just about to say this. My daughter has done 7 years of all star cheer in nfinity evolutions, I never let her switch bc they held up well I could wash them and they were all she'd ever known. Well this summer she forgot her cheer shoes at a hotel and had 2 days of practice ahead of her. She's a model for rebel and flys on Cheetahs at CA, so I called my rep and was like I'm desperate for shoes I could really use a pair. I thought for sure as soon as we could get a replacement pair for her nfinity's she would be ready to switch back to the only shoes she's ever known! To my surprise she said she didn't want to that she loved the ruthless!! She's been in them ever since and they are holding up well so far too, she's says she feels like they are lighter than her evolutions but provide more support ❤️

Back