High School Nhscc 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not opposed to the collegiate coaches being there, if they are. It is probably the best opportunity they get to see/speak to top talent in one place and encourage them to send in videos.

No different than college coaches swarming to AAU tournaments all summer...

Except in the case of cheerleading, the $$$$ flows in the wrong direction (ie. Athlete to activity, not activity to athlete).

Question for you guys (not directed towards any team or division but a general question regarding the new scoring system) but do you guys believe should win if they didn't hit with the new system? I was wondering this to myself all through watching and could justify both sides to the arguement but was wondering yall's thoughts!!

Question for you guys (not directed towards any team or division but a general question regarding the new scoring system) but do you guys believe should win if they didn't hit with the new system? I was wondering this to myself all through watching and could justify both sides to the arguement but was wondering yall's thoughts!!

If They didn’t hit they didn’t win this weekend !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am blown away already! Game Day is my jam, but I am not on board with the new Game Day rubrics. I know I have mentioned this before but WOW!

Super Varsity Game Day Prelims 1 just sent two straight to finals that did not do anything exciting! One was super flat and didn't even hit my radar. One was super spirited but only did full ups to prep. I would have seen both of them make it to prelims but top of the pack...no way! But yet, schools that were hitting two man advanced stunts barely made it to prelims! All because of the new rubrics.

Yes, Game Day is about visual and the Game Day experience, but at the same time, there has to be something there to set aside preps from extension two mans! I mean honestly!
I was very disappointed with some of the teams that moved onto semis. Thought the judges got some of that wrong.

So what do you do while you wait for 7 pm to roll around? I wouldn’t be able to take the waiting lol. I’d probably just make my girls stretch for eight hours straight.
Dude. The waiting was crazy!

My team performed 1st in Group A in Prelims. Had an 8:08am Comp Time.
Sat in the arena til 11:30 to find out if we moved on to Semi's. Got word, set to perform at 8:07pm. Semi's started at 7:25pm.
Waited til 10:30pm for Finals announcements. Drew for order of comp after 11pm.

Then we had Finals at 7pm on Sunday. Long weekend for sure.

I was very disappointed with some of the teams that moved onto semis. Thought the judges got some of that wrong.

EVERYBODY fell in super large prelims though. It was a nightmare. Westlake didn't even break out of prelims and United barely squeaked by even though they gained ground later to take second.

Once again, I really feel United was the best team in that division, just like last year. They just overreached themselves again. I know that it can be tempting to do that especially with a powerful team, but if you're not sure it can hit by the time Nationals rolls around, DON'T PUSH IT.

Last edited:
Talked to Candy several times this weekend. GC has had a rough year. She’s an amazing woman. Have really enjoyed getting to know her through KHSAA state, UCA nationals, and social media in the last couple years.

You know your program is amazing when you can call 3rd at THE largest HS national comp in the world "a rough season."

Are they also a state champ this year? I know they have been before.

We have been commuters for the past several years and this year are flying in late on the evening of the 8th...was wondering how check in would work because we will obviously be flying in when registration is closed. Another question is are Magic bands sent ahead of time or picked up at registration? We are taking a HUGE group this year and just trying to be prepared. Last, anyone hearing official word on if the new Cheer Facility will be open as a venue?

Wondering where you’ve stayed as commuters. Taking the distraction of WDW out of the equation for mine next year.

EVERYBODY fell in super large prelims though. It was a nightmare. Westlake didn't even break out of prelims and United barely squeaked by even though they gained ground later to take second.

Once again, I really feel United was the best team in that division, just like last year. They just overreached themselves again. I know that it can be tempting to do that especially with a powerful team, but if you're not sure it can hit by the time Nationals rolls around, DON'T PUSH IT.

I was talking about Game Day. Not sure if that's the division you were talking about. It's been two days so I guess I need to let it go. Time to get ready for Cheersport!

Back