Nhscc Bids???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 2, 2014
So I'm new to coaching a competition high school squad. We have Regionals on Saturday and I'm a little bit stressed!!! Here's my question...how do bids work? Is it a minimum score or a placement or do most squads get them? Thanks!!!!!

So I'm new to coaching a competition high school squad. We have Regionals on Saturday and I'm a little bit stressed!!! Here's my question...how do bids work? Is it a minimum score or a placement or do most squads get them? Thanks!!!!!
Northeast Regionals... Let's Talk Abt It! | Page 4 | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

To maximize profits, UCA/Varsity gives out bids VERY liberally. At Bluegrass Regionals in KY, every team in the small varsity division got a bid.

Thanks! I was hoping that was the case. We are competing in both Game Day and Rec. There is 1 squad in our Rec division, so I figured we'd be okay in that one. But in Game Day, they combined all of the Varsity from all sizes and Co-ed, etc and now there are twelve squads...stressing me out a little bit! =0]

Adrenaline All-Stars in Houston, tx is looking for a experienced coach to relocate and work full time. We are large gym with great talent and awesome coaches.. Ready for someone to step up and fill some shoes!!

Thanks! I was hoping that was the case. We are competing in both Game Day and Rec. There is 1 squad in our Rec division, so I figured we'd be okay in that one. But in Game Day, they combined all of the Varsity from all sizes and Co-ed, etc and now there are twelve squads...stressing me out a little bit! =0]
What Rec division are you in? one of our rec teams is going for the first time and we had 4 teams in our category at regionals and only two got bids; and the other ones that did not were not that bad; I was surprised.
So while the may hand out bids liberally; you still want to have your game on and give it your very best.....you never know.
Good Luck :)

That's what I was afraid of. We are in Small Varsity in Rec. In Game Day we would be Large Varsity but they have us all combined into one which I don't understand. I saw that if you don't get a bid at Regionals, you can also submit a video. Has anyone done this before?

That's what I was afraid of. We are in Small Varsity in Rec. In Game Day we would be Large Varsity but they have us all combined into one which I don't understand. I saw that if you don't get a bid at Regionals, you can also submit a video. Has anyone done this before?
I'm a bit confused; just want to make sure you are not either....for rec devisions there are only: Youth Rec, Jr. Rec, and Sr. Rec. So which one are you....There are no Small Varsity Rec....I think we are using the wrong words to ID your category. Small Varsity and Large Varsity are both High School.
wish I could offer some assistance, but need to ID your category correctly first.

I'm a bit confused; just want to make sure you are not either....for rec devisions there are only: Youth Rec, Jr. Rec, and Sr. Rec. So which one are you....There are no Small Varsity Rec....I think we are using the wrong words to ID your category. Small Varsity and Large Varsity are both High School.
wish I could offer some assistance, but need to ID your category correctly first.
"So I'm new to coaching a competition high school squad."
It looks like the OP is coaching high school, not rec. So maybe the team is competing in Small Varsity and Small Varsity Gameday?

Yes sorry this is my fault...still learning the terminology... *Hits head* Yes I have a high school Small Varsity in Regular Competition (So the Dance, Stunt, Cheer) and a Large Varsity in the Game Day category (So the Band Cadence, Sideline Chant, and Cheer)...sorry to have confused everyone!

Large Varsity Game Day should be okay and not too difficult to get into; however, small varsity on the other hand, I think is one of the most competitive and difficult devisions, for getting a bid: be clean, tight and do not drop a stunt/athlete, touch down on tumbling, etc......UCA started doing deductions this year and some squads are really hurting.....Good Luck!

"So I'm new to coaching a competition high school squad."
It looks like the OP is coaching high school, not rec. So maybe the team is competing in Small Varsity and Small Varsity Gameday?
True and thank you. the use of the word Rec did through me a bit, and Sr. rec usually do have HS participants

Back