High School Nhscc Requirement

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 15, 2014
Is an athlete required to attend the qualifier for NHSCC in Orlando in February? Meaning, does the athlete need to be on the mat for the qualifier in order participate in the championship? What if an athlete is sick or has a prior commitment and they use an alternate? Thanks in advance!

Your team must have 75% of the performing athletes be credentialed (qualified) through a UCA or NCA camp. Shuffles happen, they get understand.

Your team must have 75% of the performing athletes be credentialed (qualified) through a UCA or NCA camp. Shuffles happen, they get understand.
Yes...I know about the 75% but that's for camp. I mean attending the actual competition that you would get a bid for the NHSCC. Would you be able to cheer at Finals in Feb. if you couldn't attend the qualifier and an alternate steps in.

Yes...I know about the 75% but that's for camp. I mean attending the actual competition that you would get a bid for the NHSCC. Would you be able to cheer at Finals in Feb. if you couldn't attend the qualifier and an alternate steps in.

No, an athlete does not even have to be on your roster for the qualifier. As long as you stay in division at nationals.

Had this issue last year and got clarification from UCA before fixing a problem.

If you think about the registration process for regionals, there are no rosters. You tell them how many are competing, you pay for that many, no names are involved to protect the innocent.

Yes, as long as the individual is considered an active member of the squad at the time of qualifying.
Example: "Missy" who is with "ABC Allstars" wasn't "placed" on the squad after the qualifier and she isn't really a "member" or "alternate" on the squad. I believe there is language in NHSCC rules that address this. (General Rules, Participation/Representation P.2 section B)

Last edited:
Yes, as long as the individual is considered an active member of the squad at the time of qualifying.
Example: "Missy" who is with "ABC Allstars" wasn't "placed" on the squad after the qualifier and she isn't really a "member" or "alternate" on the squad. I believe there is language in NHSCC rules that address this.
Thanks! I looked all over their web page and couldn't find anything.

No, an athlete does not even have to be on your roster for the qualifier. As long as you stay in division at nationals.

Had this issue last year and got clarification from UCA before fixing a problem.

If you think about the registration process for regionals, there are no rosters. You tell them how many are competing, you pay for that many, no names are involved to protect the innocent.
Thank you so much. I was going this route before contacting UCA.

Ahh you were referring to regionals not credentialing, my b. Glad ya got your answer!

Back