High School Nhscc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A lot of SFs in Large Varsity from teams who do not usually have them (Greenup, etc.) I feel like many of them had nerves.

I read somewhere that this is Fossil Ridge HS's first year ever even making finals (their goal this year was just to make it out of semis) and they won Large D2!

Reminder that it really is anyone's game any weekend and no guarantees.

I would love to see the scores between Westlake and Houston. I personally thought Houston's elites were cleaner, if a bit repetitive. But I liked Westlake's pyramid more. And I think their tumbling was just about a draw. Assuming there were no falls throughout (I only watched finals) it HAD to be close.

We rented a 9 bedroom home this year and the parents rented a 5 bedroom home on the same block. Probably the most cost efficient thing we have ever done. We also rented a charter for 5 days and it was under $4000
I've thought about doing this, but the thought of logistics and the work has prevented me from going through with it. Things like how do you feed them? Who cooks, do you eat out every meal? Do the kids miss being on property? Did you feel like yall lost some of the "nationals feel" of the football field, teams practicing everywhere, easy access to the tents and little conveniences of staying on property?

I've thought about doing this, but the thought of logistics and the work has prevented me from going through with it. Things like how do you feed them? Who cooks, do you eat out every meal? Do the kids miss being on property? Did you feel like yall lost some of the "nationals feel" of the football field, teams practicing everywhere, easy access to the tents and little conveniences of staying on property?
In all honesty:
-We had a parent go grocery shopping before and got a lot of “quick meal” items- sandwich stuff, chips, fruit, veggie trays, Mac n cheese, pizza pockets.
-We had one team breakfast and one team dinner
Yes, we felt a little removed from everything although we were at a AllStar every day for at least 3 hrs.
-We did one Disney springs day where kids go to shop and go out and eat
-It was a great bonding experience in that the kids felt close and together, it was easy to make sure everyone was lights out by 9:30/10 but at the same time kids easily got on each other’s nerves over dumb stuff like who ate the last pop tart or who’s been playing pool for 2 hrs when kid A & B haven’t had a “turn”...also “upstairs is being loud” and I’m ready to sleep (7pm sleeper)
-it was nice to come and go as we pleased though, no “let’s go tigers” at 7AM right outside our window....team meetings were super easy to gather and it was overall comfy.
We are 50/50 on what to do next year- if CA gets a “next year”

In all honesty:
-We had a parent go grocery shopping before and got a lot of “quick meal” items- sandwich stuff, chips, fruit, veggie trays, Mac n cheese, pizza pockets.
-We had one team breakfast and one team dinner
Yes, we felt a little removed from everything although we were at a AllStar every day for at least 3 hrs.
-We did one Disney springs day where kids go to shop and go out and eat
-It was a great bonding experience in that the kids felt close and together, it was easy to make sure everyone was lights out by 9:30/10 but at the same time kids easily got on each other’s nerves over dumb stuff like who ate the last pop tart or who’s been playing pool for 2 hrs when kid A & B haven’t had a “turn”...also “upstairs is being loud” and I’m ready to sleep (7pm sleeper)
-it was nice to come and go as we pleased though, no “let’s go tigers” at 7AM right outside our window....team meetings were super easy to gather and it was overall comfy.
We are 50/50 on what to do next year- if CA gets a “next year”

UCA did try their best with the "film the finals routine and play it the next day" thing but it did hurt some teams. I really hope the state straightens it out next year, it would be a shame losing CA out of UCA since there's so much talent.

UCA did try their best with the "film the finals routine and play it the next day" thing but it did hurt some teams. I really hope the state straightens it out next year, it would be a shame losing CA out of UCA since there's so much talent.

yes, I don’t know how else they could have made it “work”... Not sure that it HURT us (it may have) but definitely didn’t help US out at all...
loosing Ca would be a loss not just because of talent but a NATIONAL competition without the furthest west state and the 3rd largest state in the nation?! That’s a HUGE hit to the world “National” ... I know I don’t value USA Nationals nearly as much as UCA due to lack of attendance from Eastern/Mid states ... but more so that it’s not a true coast to coast representation.
They’re voting on a waiver tomorrow... so here’s hoping.

yes, I don’t know how else they could have made it “work”... Not sure that it HURT us (it may have) but definitely didn’t help US out at all...
loosing Ca would be a loss not just because of talent but a NATIONAL competition without the furthest west state and the 3rd largest state in the nation?! That’s a HUGE hit to the world “National” ... I know I don’t value USA Nationals nearly as much as UCA due to lack of attendance from Eastern/Mid states ... but more so that it’s not a true coast to coast representation.
They’re voting on a waiver tomorrow... so here’s hoping.

Well fingers crossed for the state! I do feel like the teams will cause a stink if they can't go to UCA anymore.

Back