No Bow?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are you talking about a headband with a ponytail? I like the idea of a non bow alternative but I wouldn't choose headbands. I really like the look of ponytail cuffs.

Was thinking of something like this

Brocade%20Motif%20Front%20Zoom.jpg

Last edited:
My daughter has a large head (it was always measured off the charts since she was born) and it is almost more of a square shape than round. We have never found a headband that would fit her. They don't lay on her correctly and fall off rather easily. You might want to check to see if the members of your gym have these issues. After one BHS or toe touch, that headband would be flying off of my kid.
As far as the braids, I love them! I can French braid, but I don't do it well. Braids might be a bit of a challenge for some of the families at your gym.
IMO, the ponytail cuffs might be a great option if you don't want a traditional bow. Good luck!!

Reactions: Ems
My daughter has a large head (it was always measured off the charts since she was born) and it is almost more of a square shape than round. We have never found a headband that would fit her. They don't lay on her correctly and fall off rather easily. You might want to check to see if the members of your gym have these issues. After one BHS or toe touch, that headband would be flying off of my kid.
As far as the braids, I love them! I can French braid, but I don't do it well. Braids might be a bit of a challenge for some of the families at your gym.
IMO, the ponytail cuffs might be a great option if you don't want a traditional bow. Good luck!!

As someone with a large round head, I second this. I would see cute headbands in my school colors and try to wear them at practice and they wouldn’t even last through stretching much less tumbling. The only thing that could keep them on was using snap clips in multiple places which then ruined the aesthetic of the headband anyways. And then the headband would uncomfortably squeeze my head and I would constantly be messing with it. No matter my hair at the time (long, short, bangs, no bangs, high pony, low pony, no pony) headbands never worked for me. And still don’t.
I like pony tail cuffs and have used them (not in cheer, just day-to-day), they’re easy to put in and are something different. I understand and appreciate wanting to stand out and do something unique, but bows are tried and true for a reason.
But, if you’re dead set on the headband, definitely give it a test run on a few athletes of different head sizes and hair lengths before ordering it for a team or a gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back