All-Star Nontumbling Worlds Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cause and effect: I wonder if this will remove some pressure to get higher level tumbling skills having the effect of less mental blocks.................
That’s my hope for her. The cycle of getting her tumbling back, gaining new skills, and then blocking before comp season starts has taken its toll on her. She’s pretty much given up on all star cheer even though she loves the sport. She’s been on a level 4/5 team for the past 5 years but I could probably count on both hands the number of competitions she was able to throw her tumbling in.

There are plenty of athletes in the regular divisions who don't tumble. They hit other areas of the score sheet and are an asset to the team. No one says they shouldn't be allowed on those teams. Aren't there nontumble divisions in high school cheer? And since IASF scoresheet doesn't require as much tumbling as USASF divisions, I would think IASF is the perfect place for a NT division at worlds. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but it's a bit sad that athletes who are going to be on these teams have to read that a lot of folks think they shouldn't get the same respect as a USASF division team. Does everyone on some of your fav international teams have a double and crazy combo passes? No. Do they contribute a vital part to the team? Yes. For that matter does everyone on your favorite large all girl or large coed have doubles or crazy combo passes? No. Yet those athletes and teams are respected for what they contribute to the sport. And rightly so. I think the new division will be be here to stay for now. So maybe we can all sit back and see how it progresses? Are you entitled to your opinion? Yes. Are you entitled to make these amazing athletes feel like they will get no respect? No.

was skeptical at first.. compete at worlds..maybe not summit probably is better along with the restricted teams.. I do like it though as I am 5 years retired and my body is WAYYY to old to tumble anymore but the division would allow me to still participate in the sport I love.

That's why the injury excuse isn't valid.

From the articles below:
"Unfortunately, traumatic knee injuries, including ACL tears, are the most common cause of long term time away from the sport, surgery and medical disqualification from participation. Injuries as a result of floor routines are the most common mechanism for ACL injury in gymnastics."
BOC - Blog

"The authors found that young athletes who underwent ACL surgery were significantly more likely to suffer a second injury."
Reinjury more likely among athletes after ACL surgery | Dr. David Geier - Sports Medicine Simplified

"Once an ankle has suffered an inversion sprain there are several factors which make recurring injuries more likely:"
Acute, Chronic and Recurrent Ankle Sprains | Kingsley Physio | More than your local Physio

I haven't seen a post that has said NT will prevent all injuries, however, there are plenty of athletes that either leave AS to prevent re-injury or risk repeat injury for the love of their sport. Cutting and pivoting moves are the #1 reason for dislocations, tears and sprains. It seems to me that since knee and ankle injuries are the most common in cheer that NT would be a great place for those level 4 and 5 athletes that are talented at stunting. True? False? Or, am I just misunderstanding your logic.

I haven't seen a post that has said NT will prevent all injuries, however, there are plenty of athletes that either leave AS to prevent re-injury or risk repeat injury for the love of their sport. Cutting and pivoting moves are the #1 reason for dislocations, tears and sprains. It seems to me that since knee and ankle injuries are the most common in cheer that NT would be a great place for those level 4 and 5 athletes that are talented at stunting. True? False? Or, am I just misunderstanding your logic.

Yes it is a good place for injured athletes to compete, I don't think anyone would disagree with that. But, "Injury prevention" is not why this division was created. Moreover, I would make an educate assumption in that the majority of head/neck and back injuries in cheerleading result from stunting. So it really depends on the type of injury limiting the athlete from the sport.

Yes it is a good place for injured athletes to compete, I don't think anyone would disagree with that. But, "Injury prevention" is not why this division was created. Moreover, I would make an educate assumption in that the majority of head/neck and back injuries in cheerleading result from stunting. So it really depends on the type of injury limiting the athlete from the sport.

No one I have seen post is disputing other injuries happen, nor saying injury is the only reason. But, if other countries don't have the resources (coaching, facilities, equipment), what is my incentive as a parent to put my child into this sport? From a US perspective, if my child has a knee or ankle injury and it is known that repeat injuries are a risk, why do I risk their long term quality of life? On top of that, in the US, pay an average annual deductible of $4358 (per cnbc) for those repeat injuries. I would imagine there are several reasons why this division was created, but to say "That's why the injury excuse isn't valid" is ignoring one of the main reasons why people either leave or don't get involved in a sport.

This is a really old thread, sorry. Lol. I was wondering, since we are now in full swing of comp season, if anyone has found out about any central Texas non-tumbling worlds teams. My daughter has been on level 3 for 2 years, is an amazing backspot, 5'10 and knows that there is basically no chance of ever going to worlds. She has had a mental block off and on since 4th grade and she is a sophomore. There is sooooo much pressure (and conditioning) for her to tumble that it is ruining the sport for ME. I am tired of paying for a shattered girl getting in my car. And, yes, i spoken to coaches and owner. This isn't something new. They've known about it for years. She has actually been begging for an invite only sr 1 so she can stop thinking, stressing and conditioning because of tumbling.

Back