All-Star Nontumbling Worlds Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Another thought. If anyone has watched America's Got Talent the past few years you have seen some dance groups come in with some incredible stunting. If you haven't, watch a few minutes of Zucaroh below. This is a good example if you don't protect or evolve your business how someone can come in and provide, not necessarily a better version, but definitely a version that might attract some of your customers. (ETA 3:20 and 5:41 are amazing)

They were amazing!

What was wrong with the NT teams in the US ? After seeing Lady Lux compete i was thinking it was pretty interesting personally , lots of stunting makes it quite original , its all a matter of opinion though.

If there's no tumbling, I expect TGLC levels of stunt creativity and some of the most amazing, original, jaw-dropping pyramids I've ever seen. The teams I have seen are doing mediocre, pretty standard, level 5 stunts. A lot of them have also been shaky enough for me to question whether or not those athletes were *really* ready to be competing level 5 stunts, or if a 4.2 team was just pushed up to NT 5 so they could be called a Worlds team.

There is nothing wrong with the routines I've seen. The athletes work hard and do a good job with the routines they are given just like any other cheerleader, and I'm glad they have a team to accommodate their different skill levels. My sole issue is with it being a division at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP where the best teams in the world are supposedly competing at the highest level of cheerleading. NT is not the highest level of cheerleading. I will not change my stance on that. I am, however, very cool with it being at national championships, or even the summit. Or, like I said earlier, as an ICU ONLY division to actually try to grow cheer internationally and even the playing field with lack of safe training facilities abroad.

If there's no tumbling, I expect TGLC levels of stunt creativity and some of the most amazing, original, jaw-dropping pyramids I've ever seen. The teams I have seen are doing mediocre, pretty standard, level 5 stunts. A lot of them have also been shaky enough for me to question whether or not those athletes were *really* ready to be competing level 5 stunts, or if a 4.2 team was just pushed up to NT 5 so they could be called a Worlds team.

There is nothing wrong with the routines I've seen. The athletes work hard and do a good job with the routines they are given just like any other cheerleader, and I'm glad they have a team to accommodate their different skill levels. My sole issue is with it being a division at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP where the best teams in the world are supposedly competing at the highest level of cheerleading. NT is not the highest level of cheerleading. I will not change my stance on that. I am, however, very cool with it being at national championships, or even the summit. Or, like I said earlier, as an ICU ONLY division to actually try to grow cheer internationally and even the playing field with lack of safe training facilities abroad.
I think a team could have amazing creative stunts...but what I kind of have a problem with is the last 2 comps and tomorrow also I think is that they r given a bid beacause one is held for a NT team....and there’s only 1 team.

This. I’ve been trying to find these words for months. Thank you for summing it up so perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There aren't a lot of videos out there of NT teams. Yes some videos show skills that may not be at top difficulty yet. As many teams do, they start a routine and increase the difficulty as the season goes on. Don't sleep on them. There are many with awesome skills and when you see the top teams at worlds, you won't have to question their abilities. You will see exactly what they are bringing to the worlds playing field. Seriously. ;)

Another thought. If anyone has watched America's Got Talent the past few years you have seen some dance groups come in with some incredible stunting. If you haven't, watch a few minutes of Zucaroh below. This is a good example if you don't protect or evolve your business how someone can come in and provide, not necessarily a better version, but definitely a version that might attract some of your customers. (ETA 3:20 and 5:41 are amazing)

Maybe 1% of cheerleaders on the planet can perform acro skills at this level. Apples to oranges.

I think a team could have amazing creative stunts...but what I kind of have a problem with is the last 2 comps and tomorrow also I think is that they r given a bid beacause one is held for a NT team....and there’s only 1 team.
Pretty sure one bid was added for NT and no other bids were replaced by it

There aren't a lot of videos out there of NT teams. Yes some videos show skills that may not be at top difficulty yet. As many teams do, they start a routine and increase the difficulty as the season goes on. Don't sleep on them. There are many with awesome skills and when you see the top teams at worlds, you won't have to question their abilities. You will see exactly what they are bringing to the worlds playing field. Seriously. ;)

Regardless. The skills they are throwing now IMO still don’t compare to mediocre level 5 teams at this point in the season, not even remotely close to top notch teams. If anything that further proves the point some of us are making. I may have to see what they bring to a worlds playing field, but that doesn’t change the fact I don’t feel they are throwing stunts at a level to justify the division being at worlds. Even knowing that they are expected to upgrade down the line. It should be a summit division IMO. Period.

Regardless. The skills they are throwing now IMO still don’t compare to mediocre level 5 teams at this point in the season, not even remotely close to top notch teams. If anything that further proves the point some of us are making. I may have to see what they bring to a worlds playing field, but that doesn’t change the fact I don’t feel they are throwing stunts at a level to justify the division being at worlds. Even knowing that they are expected to upgrade down the line. It should be a summit division IMO. Period.

ill agree the stunting skills ive seen come out of the non tumbling teams are far and few compared to the true level 5 teams, But i guess you have to remember these are all essentially first year teams, girls who probably for the most part have never been on a team together, possibly havent cheered in years due to their lack of tumbling once they hit a certain level and are just now getting back into the sport, etc.
i think some are simply thinking well if they come out of a talent packed CEA with the likes of SE and CE they should have more then enough talented athletes walking through the doors to field a bomb first year team... I just dont agree, and probably the only gym i could see fielding an incredible first year one is Cheer athletics due to the sheer amount of athletes they have to pick from.

They added bids for NT teams. Each worlds bid comp received an extra bid for NT teams so no bids are taken away from the other divisions. Further, EPs dont seem to know what to do about the global division. Some EPs allowed global teams to compete for the regular bids so we now have 3 global teams who earned full paid bids. Most of the EPs are putting tumbling global teams in the bid race for the one Non Tumbling bid available. So at most comps the NT teams are competing against tumbling global teams for that one bid. It's like they forgot that they had a new global division and EPs didn't know what to do with them lol. Unfortunately there are a few comps with no NT and global teams, so that bid disappears. Like I said before though, videos are few and far between. There are at a minimum 22 coed NT teams and 14 all girl NT teams from Canada, US, Australia, Guatemala, etc. These are just the ones I know of. I'm sure there are more... I have only seen videos of less than 1/4 of the total known NT teams. So , again, I wouldn't judge the whole division on a handful of videos. Just my opinion.....

They added bids for NT teams. Each worlds bid comp received an extra bid for NT teams so no bids are taken away from the other divisions. Further, EPs dont seem to know what to do about the global division. Some EPs allowed global teams to compete for the regular bids so we now have 3 global teams who earned full paid bids. Most of the EPs are putting tumbling global teams in the bid race for the one Non Tumbling bid available. So at most comps the NT teams are competing against tumbling global teams for that one bid. It's like they forgot that they had a new global division and EPs didn't know what to do with them lol. Unfortunately there are a few comps with no NT and global teams, so that bid disappears. Like I said before though, videos are few and far between. There are at a minimum 22 coed NT teams and 14 all girl NT teams from Canada, US, Australia, Guatemala, etc. These are just the ones I know of. I'm sure there are more... I have only seen videos of less than 1/4 of the total known NT teams. So , again, I wouldn't judge the whole division on a handful of videos. Just my opinion.....
I know it doesn’t take away other bids but a gym could just throw together a NT team go show up and get a bid....no matter how they perform. But I guess that happens in April for reg teams too lol

Last edited:
If you are the only team going for a bid, there needs to be a minimum, in my opinion. You shouldn't just get to go to Worlds because you are the only NT team that showed up. This has been the case at the last 2 comps we have attended.

If you are the only team going for a bid, there needs to be a minimum, in my opinion. You shouldn't just get to go to Worlds because you are the only NT team that showed up. This has been the case at the last 2 comps we have attended.
Seems like comps are weighted all wrong anyway. There are comps that have for instance 9 bids and 11worlds teams. And other comps that have 60 world teams and 18 bids (numbers not exact, using for illustration). So some comps, all you have to do is show up. That's for regular teams not just nontumble. I think this may be why comps are now saying that nontumble teams and global teams now have to compete for that one bid. So they dont have to just show up but have to do well. Unfortunately even some of the larger comps have had only one team going for the bid. Including Jamfest. Cheersport has several teams vying for the one bid including global but many already have bids.... one comp in the south had 3 NT teams vying for the one bid. But again, it not just NT that "just show up," many comps have such little attendance that other divisions just have to show up. I will admit that there are some that dont look world's ready but most of the ones who are doing high level difficulty are keeping their routines quiet. A couple of top teams are out there that you can find vids of, but that's only a couple.

Back