College Northwestern University

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 8, 2011
I'm a sophomore in high school, and when I was little I dreamed of cheering on an incredible college team like U of L. However, it's kind of set in that only the best of the elite can make a team like U of L, and I definitely need to focus on getting a good education, so I need to go to a school more focused on academics.
Anyway, I've been looking at Northwestern and checking out their cheer program. It's a good school and fairly close to home. Does anyone know what requirements there are to make the team? I know they don't compete so it's not as selective as a competetive team would be. What tumbling/stunting should I have to have a good chance of making it? Also, I'm already too tall to fly on most teams, so would I be able to make it without being a flyer?

I would go look online at their website, but I know someone who made the squad there last year. As far as tumbling skills, hers were pretty neglible. This is not to say that perhaps she was not an extremely talented sideline cheerleader. :D

I'm a sophomore in high school, and when I was little I dreamed of cheering on an incredible college team like U of L. However, it's kind of set in that only the best of the elite can make a team like U of L, and I definitely need to focus on getting a good education, so I need to go to a school more focused on academics.
Anyway, I've been looking at Northwestern and checking out their cheer program. It's a good school and fairly close to home. Does anyone know what requirements there are to make the team? I know they don't compete so it's not as selective as a competetive team would be. What tumbling/stunting should I have to have a good chance of making it? Also, I'm already too tall to fly on most teams, so would I be able to make it without being a flyer?

Im not sure... But I remember my tumbling coach telling me that she went to Northwestern to be the tumbling instructor of their team and also a stunt coach, and she said some of the girls had really scary round off flip flops and one or two had tucks. She said their stunting was also pretty scary.

She told me this twoish years ago so Im not sure if its still true.

Back