All-Star Not A Cheer Mom, Cheer Mom Club

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My CP has decided she has to reward herself. Everytime she gets a new skill, she will say something like, "we should stop at Starbucks since I landed my XXXX". :)
Mine too! I guess I am guilty of a bribe of food too! Although she would ask to go every night even if she didn't get a skill.LOL

Its not a bribe if it is offered up after the skill has been accomplished. Its all in the timing. I too have given rewards for getting a skill. It is something to celebrate. Nothing better than picking them up and having them say guess what I did. (note: I said pick up, Not sit through practice)
Whew. Yeah that it . I didn't bribe with food...just celebrated after.LOL

I must confess i had a moment Friday that would have caused me to be shunned from the club.....
It involved an hour in front of my computer refreshing my email, a hundred text messages between other cheer parents, and then another 100 after teams were announced....we went a bit crazy....lol

I must confess i had a moment Friday that would have caused me to be shunned from the club.....
It involved an hour in front of my computer refreshing my email, a hundred text messages between other cheer parents, and then another 100 after teams were announced....we went a bit crazy....lol

I will cut you some slack, because I was doing the same thing! (Minus the texting since we are new) We went to the movies and I checked my mail on my phone until the lights went down, then picked it up again when the credits began to roll. Finally got the email as the waitress was trying to get our dinner order...couldn't get that out fast enough! LOL

2mwxm4n.jpg

Everyone in the club put this as your siggy?

8. When sitting in a group and another person walks into the room, you will acknowledge new person. You will also ask them to join the group. NOT huddle closer together to exclude new person. Just.plain.rude.
Love this! Guess what people? We are here for the kids! Your child's success or failure as a cheerleader is not a measure of your worth, status or anything else. If you embrace this then the waiting room is a whole new world. More fan club than fight club ;)

I'll bet that every one of you cliquey/snarky parents secretly wishes that your CP was on a 'better' team or in a 'better' program. Well guess what? No team is stronger than their weakest member and those who keep their eyes on the ball are always stronger than those who keep their eyes on others!

Just my 2 cents-food for thought.

Y'all - this has taken on a life of it's own and "The Rules" have started making their way around Facebook, Twitter, etc. www.cheermad.com is blogging about it too!

I love this thing of ours :D

@Mamarazzi since you have had such a huge part in all of this, here is a little present for you. That trucker hat you wanted...

URL=http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb455/zinger_bebe/?action=view&current=0036d198.jpg]
th_0036d198.jpg
[/URL]

It will look great with your skinny jeans and UGG boots at competitions and I am sure no one would even think about messing with you!! Haha!!

@Mamarazzi since you have had such a huge part in all of this, here is a little present for you. That trucker hat you wanted...

URL=http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb455/zinger_bebe/?action=view&current=0036d198.jpg]
th_0036d198.jpg
[/URL]

It will look great with your skinny jeans and UGG boots at competitions and I am sure no one would even think about messing with you!! Haha!!

Yessssss!!! Consider it bling-ed!!

Seeing as how she sort of started the whole thing, I think @Just-a-Mom needs a "Foolery" trucker hat in pink...yes? She can sport it with the Aeropostale shirt.

Back