All-Star Not Going To Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My girl's team got their bid in December and never lost the fight. They always wanted that 1st place no matter what. I think they always thought they had to prove that they actually earned their bid.

This is my daughter’s 4th or 5th consecutive Summit, and this is the first year I’ve wished she wasn’t going. We’ve just gotten a bit burnt out and with two Summit rings, it sort of has a ‘been there done that’ vibe. I never thought I’d say that.

She just turned 15 and is aging off of her J5 team this year. This will be her third year as a worlds athlete too (although she elected to go only go to summit with her J5 team the first year) , but it makes it a very long 10 days for us. We stay off property in a large condo with 10-12 friends and always have a blast, it just gets expensive and a little redundant. Rocking Roller Coaster is only fun the first 27 times. And Disney food isn’t my favorite.

I’m looking on the bright side that this will be our final Summit and we will make the best of it. Switching it up with some universal studios and some FL beaches in the middle. I personally would have rather gone to Vegas. I had big plans for that. ;)

This is my daughter’s 4th or 5th consecutive Summit, and this is the first year I’ve wished she wasn’t going. We’ve just gotten a bit burnt out and with two Summit rings, it sort of has a ‘been there done that’ vibe. I never thought I’d say that.

She just turned 15 and is aging off of her J5 team this year. This will be her third year as a worlds athlete too (although she elected to go only go to summit with her J5 team the first year) , but it makes it a very long 10 days for us. We stay off property in a large condo with 10-12 friends and always have a blast, it just gets expensive and a little redundant. Rocking Roller Coaster is only fun the first 27 times. And Disney food isn’t my favorite.

I’m looking on the bright side that this will be our final Summit and we will make the best of it. Switching it up with some universal studios and some FL beaches in the middle. I personally would have rather gone to Vegas. I had big plans for that. ;)
Agree, with going multiple years to Worlds I did not get Disney pass ladt year and will not again this year. I do enjoy going as my mom meets us and I have friends there that we visit. Not s Disney fan, never really have been. But with crazy weather we have had sun will be nice!

We had 3 teams go to D2 Summit last year and make it to the top 10. This year we have no teams going. We have tried and tried and even won competitions and still we can’t get a bid. Our girls would do anything to be there again and it’s heartbreaking that they can’t go. I understand where people are coming from saying that they are happy they don’t have to go or they wish they wouldn’t have to go, but as for me and my daughter and our team... we are crushed that we aren’t going.

Where is everyone living that they have to travel to get Summit bids? Our gym only travels out of state once as a program. Then again if you get a summit bid. We get all of our summit bids locally
We live in the DFW area and got our Paid bid at Cheersport Nationals this year, so we spent money to make money. :rolleyes: Last year we got a wildcard bid locally and came in first in WC and had the highest score going into Finals, but had a stunt fall on day 2. This is my last year of all-star cheer after having 2 CPs in cheer for over 10 years. My oldest won an NCA jacket before she graduated so I'm hoping my youngest will win Summit.

What is considered local? We live in NYC but the gym is about 40 miles away in NJ. The majority of 2 day comps are outside of NJ. We only do 1 in NJ and that's still about 2 hours away. This year we went to Providence, RI, Anaheim, CA, Atlanta & Hartford, CT.

Midwest/Central Gyms
Kansas City Gyms travel maybe 20mins to competition unless it’s in Wichita, Kansas

Denver Gyms- most gyms don’t leave the area until NCA or UCA or seleted Nationals

Utah Gyms every competition in salt lake

Arizona Gyms
California Gyms

Back