All-Star November 2018 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don’t like the booty shake at :32. Like...why?

While I agree, I think this is the exact reason the Rosarios decided to NOT post for the public right away/ why it was removed. Our default (as a community) is often to go towards the negative!

We said nothing about how insanely confident this team seems in only November or anything about the skills/choreography elements that were impressive. Let's remember to lead with love this season and support these athletes/our sport which I really do feel like is on the decline a bit! Again, I agree with your comment about the twerking, but that was a single slice out of all the cool things they put into that routine.

While I agree, I think this is the exact reason the Rosarios decided to NOT post for the public right away/ why it was removed. Our default (as a community) is often to go towards the negative!

We said nothing about how insanely confident this team seems in only November or anything about the skills/choreography elements that were impressive. Let's remember to lead with love this season and support these athletes/our sport which I really do feel like is on the decline a bit! Again, I agree with your comment about the twerking, but that was a single slice out of all the cool things they put into that routine.

And like... I get that and all. But why put in choreo like that only to take it out? Whats the point? People watching don't know what's real choreo and what's not, especially since no other program does stuff like that.

Last edited:

Thank You!!

And like... I get that and all. But why put in choreo like that only to take it out? Whats the point? People watching don't know what's real choreo and what's not, especially since no other program does stuff like that.

I don't think that's for us to know or care about, TG (and every other gym/coach/choreographer) should be worried about the score sheet, which is what the whole point is.

Perhaps they hit at practice for the whole week so their coach let them be silly and perform that for their family showcase. Perhaps it IS actual choreography that someone thought was fun (girls/coaches/choreographer). Either way, if it's a problem, the judges will update them when they compete it and coaches will respond.

My point is, as fans, we can love the sport and support these teams a little bit differently than how we have been. Rather than ONLY commenting about how ugly a uni is or how tacky the flyer motions are, talk about both sides of the coin. Furthermore, there's a way to respectfully share opinions about things that still protect the dignity of the athletes/coaches/choreographers involved. There have and probably will always be pieces of routines that are unappealing, but that's the joy of a full season to tweak, practice, perform, and try again.

I’m the first one to admit that there is too much heinous BS in the cheer world.

However.

That choreo isn’t a good look on underage teens. It’s just not. I don’t really consider that negativity. That’s a comment related to cheer content/technique/choreo. And it’s valid. You put your work out there — especially in something as performative and competitive as cheer — and people will have their opinions, good and bad. That’s not negativity, that’s just part of it.

I think the negativity they refer to is the constant, unrelenting twitter bullying/BS that teams/athletes get. The kind of “opinions” that offer no value and reflect no insight or intelligence. The kind that have no reason behind them other than to tear down athletes who’ve done nothing wrong except be good at what they love to do. You know the type:

“This team is a bunch of brats that think they’re SOOO good and they’re not!”
“Why does everyone look fat this year?”
“Why are the uniforms so ugly?”
“LJ is overrated.”
“BYE Amy LOLOL.”

THAT crap. That’s what I (personally) feel “negativity” in the cheer world is. Valid criticisms are one thing, bullying/harassment is another.

Last edited:
I’m the first one to admit that there is too much heinous BS in the cheer world.

However.

That choreo isn’t a good look on underage teens. It’s just not. I don’t really consider that negativity. That’s a comment related to cheer content/technique/choreo. And it’s valid. You put your work out there — especially in something as performative and competitive as cheer — and people will have their opinions, good and bad. That’s not negativity, that’s just part of it.

I think the negativity they refer to is the constant, unrelenting twitter bullying/BS that teams/athletes get. The kind of “opinions” that offer no value and reflect no insight or intelligence. The kind that have no reason behind them other than to tear down athletes who’ve done nothing wrong except be good at what they love to do. You know the type:

“This team is a bunch of brats that think they’re SOOO good and they’re not!”
“Why does everyone look fat this year?”
“Why are the uniforms so ugly?”
“LJ is overrated.”
“BYE Amy LOLOL.”

THAT crap. That’s what I (personally) feel “negativity” in the cheer world is. Valid criticisms are one thing, bullying/harassment is another.
I 100% agree with this.

The distinction between criticism and bullying is, for some reason, something that people in the cheer world often fail to grasp. Like, I tend to be hard to please with routines, and have critiques after showcases. You just have to consider your words, and express things respectfully. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen.

Do a quick youtube search of Coed Elite in 2015, and look at some of the comments.
"I feel like someone paid the judges for them to win"
"Theyre never gonna win worlds again"
"THEY DIDN'T DESERVE TO WIN, THEY HAD AN ATHLETE FALL ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PYRAMID BYE."

THAT is bullying. Respectfully critiquing LJ's strange choreography is not.

California smoed has done it for the last 7 years in the middle of every routine so i doubt They take it out

Back