All-Star Number Of Bids At Comps This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

STAR Cheer Mom

Cheer Parent
Nov 23, 2012
So, I have seen general information about the number of AL/PD bids that will be given at comps this season. Looks like it will be 4 AL/3PD. Does anyone know how they will be distributing?

That is interesting. It made it kind of easy when it was 5 AL or 5 AL/3PD. Each level got an AL (1-5) and then the highest scoring 3 teams got PD, normally.

The other big question - There is a 1 under PD for NCA. Is that a typo?

That is interesting. It made it kind of easy when it was 5 AL or 5 AL/3PD. Each level got an AL (1-5) and then the highest scoring 3 teams got PD, normally.

The other big question - There is a 1 under PD for NCA. Is that a typo?

I feel like it is. There is no way NCA would give out just 1 paid.

ETA: I asked Justin Carrier
289461b055e9964b70ad7dfb6bd9ec92.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice a decrease in bids in their area? 1 less bid at competitions (losing the 5 AL/ 1 Paid and now 4 AL/ 1 Paid). And for INTL divisions a huge decrease in bids. Last year a competition we went to had 8 AL, 2 Paid. Same competition has 4 AL and 1 Paid.

Did anyone else notice a decrease in bids in their area? 1 less bid at competitions (losing the 5 AL/ 1 Paid and now 4 AL/ 1 Paid). And for INTL divisions a huge decrease in bids. Last year a competition we went to had 8 AL, 2 Paid. Same competition has 4 AL and 1 Paid.
Our first big comp is the same5/3, the second went to 5/5. Comps we went to last year that had 5 AL now have 4AL and 2 PD. Seems they may have sent some more paid bids to us out west.

So, I have seen general information about the number of AL/PD bids that will be given at comps this season. Looks like it will be 4 AL/3PD. Does anyone know how they will be distributing?

Bid declarations aren’t out yet. Per the last we heard, it will be towards end of summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally realized during last nights Varsity reveal that bid distribution is different this year! Sorry if this has been discussed and I missed the whole thread, haven't been here much until recently. I do like the effort to try and reward the highest score, though there are always nuances I guess? I've also noticed final scores posted at some events, which I hadn't seen outside of NCA last year so that is another step in the right direction.

https://www.varsity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Summit_Bid_Declaration_18_19.pdf

I finally realized during last nights Varsity reveal that bid distribution is different this year! Sorry if this has been discussed and I missed the whole thread, haven't been here much until recently. I do like the effort to try and reward the highest score, though there are always nuances I guess? I've also noticed final scores posted at some events, which I hadn't seen outside of NCA last year so that is another step in the right direction.

https://www.varsity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Summit_Bid_Declaration_18_19.pdf
I havent been paying attention yet but is that just for WC’s or regular bids as well?

As I understand it, for both. Last year, spreading across different age groups and levels was more prominent. Now I believe it is highest score regardless of level or age group for paid, at large and wildcard, except for events where paid and at large are awarded. Then some priority is given to levels not yet awarded. Very interesting!

This weeks bid reveal was the first with any at-large bids. There were 5 AL and 1 PD. When reading the declaration, I take it to mean the PD bids will go to the highest scoring team(s). Then the AL bids are considered across the levels. The example used says that if there are 2 PD bids and those went to a L2 and L3, then the 1st 3 AL bids would go to the highest scoring L1, 4 and 5 teams. It doesn't clarify how those remaining 2 bids would be awarded. This comp has posted the scores. It appears that the bids were given to the highest scores in each level. There were 2 L2 bids.

This weeks bid reveal was the first with any at-large bids. There were 5 AL and 1 PD. When reading the declaration, I take it to mean the PD bids will go to the highest scoring team(s). Then the AL bids are considered across the levels. The example used says that if there are 2 PD bids and those went to a L2 and L3, then the 1st 3 AL bids would go to the highest scoring L1, 4 and 5 teams. It doesn't clarify how those remaining 2 bids would be awarded. This comp has posted the scores. It appears that the bids were given to the highest scores in each level. There were 2 L2 bids.
I'm guessing the AT-LARGE bids will go to the highest scoring bid eligible teams in the remaining levels, so in that example L1, L4, and L4.2/5/5r. So the reveal you are talking about, was there a bid awarded in each level or no?

This sounds fair and I am loving the highest score deal. Maybe we will see smaller WC divisions at the Summit this year. Having 30+ teams in a division was not cool IMO

I'm guessing the AT-LARGE bids will go to the highest scoring bid eligible teams in the remaining levels, so in that example L1, L4, and L4.2/5/5r. So the reveal you are talking about, was there a bid awarded in each level or no?
The PD bid went to an R5 team with a score of 98.11. Then there was 1 L1, 2 L2, 1 L3, and 1 L4 AL bid. So all the highest scoring teams in each level got AL. The remaining AL I believe went to the next highest out of all levels.

I did notice though, there are a TON of WC bid events.

Yup the only thing I see really limiting the potential for really large WC or even AL divisions is capping the number within each division or potentially having a floor score to qualify. I don't see either happening for various reasons....

Back