All-Star October 2017 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yasss Panthers with team punch fronts during jumps ! Haven't seen that since East Elite 2009!

Thank was the first thing that came to mind for me too and then I got sad because I realized it was almost a decade ago....

I wonder if panthers will actually keep the punch fronts after jumps all season.
After all the standing tucks ive done in my cheer career, I feel like a punch front would be way more exhausting and harder to pull after jumps.

I actually think they're way easier but they're harder to get consistent for sure. People with solid jumps to back never ever ever touch down but I don't feel like jumps to front ever get that rock solid.

That said I love them and hope they keep them.

Panthers stunts are the first stunts Ive seen since Cheerforce did the cannonball from the opposite stretch that were unique and excited me. SO GLAD it wasn't a plank up, prep with a thigh rub, double around to stretch, bump down, and then half up switch up that walks a half to aero - dub.

I feel like I saw 35 teams last year do the EXACT same building routine last season and I'm over it. Their routine was unique and exciting and I am here for it.

Last edited:
Thank was the first thing that came to mind for me too and then I got sad because I realized it was almost a decade ago....

I actually think they're way easier but they're harder to get consistent for sure. People with solid jumps to back never ever ever touch down but I don't feel like jumps to front ever get that rock solid.

That said I love them and hope they keep them.

And it looks like Lady Bullets have them in too! I love it! It's WAY harder for some weird reason, I could do jumps to tuck forever and ever, but don't ask me about punching forwards (especially on non-spring floors).

Overall, I see potential in the Cali teams, I'm personally not super wowed by any of them though. Also, I'm not a huge fan of that stunt that a lot of them are doing, the one where the flyer bends down and grabs her foot with her leg extended. It looks awkward to me.

I'm disappointed across the board that so many people have 22 on mat but the pyramids don't look any more interesting or dynamic than they did with 20. I know its only 2 people but thats enough for another prep if you pull a back from another group or even more with shoulder sits or a toss hands or something...
IDK I just feel like there was a real opportunity to find a way to do something new with the extra bodies but so far I haven't really seen a pyramid that couldn't have been pulled off with 20.

I just haven't been wowed by a S5 or SC5 team's pyramid since like 2014 and I was super optimistic this would breathe some new life into them and so far I haven't seen anything.

And it looks like Lady Bullets have them in too! I love it! It's WAY harder for some weird reason, I could do jumps to tuck forever and ever, but don't ask me about punching forwards (especially on non-spring floors).

I got jumps to front before jumps to back, is that weird? :confused:

But my jumps to back are much more consistent and clean, I've worked them way more. That's why the whole team doing them impresses me so much, these girls have had jumps to back perfected for years but only a few months to perfect this.

Edit: Why did LB do the full an a half up that way? Is it a fill for something else?

Overall, I see potential in the Cali teams, I'm personally not super wowed by any of them though. Also, I'm not a huge fan of that stunt that a lot of them are doing, the one where the flyer bends down and grabs her foot with her leg extended. It looks awkward to me.
A needle? They're so classic to me, I'm happy to see them making a comeback.

Back