All-Star October 2017 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The most interesting thing I saw from Blue Debut was a cool shoulder sit on Wildcats .... I don't know why but I was unimpressed, I've never seen CA as a program look so flustered.

Generals look like generals great tumbling but I wasn't impressed by their elite section, I like their pyramid though.

SMOED looks great, I can tell they placed a ton of emphasis on more visual, and intricate choreo. Tumbling technique leaves a little bit to be desired. Little concerned sense they did no pyramid. Sad because I didn't see the little new SMOED boy or Ari flying point in the video.

Even though I'm a strong advocate of putting the smallest/most flexible child in the air the maturity/experience of the flyer does make a difference in most cases. When the little ones feel a bump they start balancing and squirming the seasoned girls just squeeze.

Last edited:
The most interesting thing I saw from Blue Debut was a cool shoulder sit on Wildcats .... I don't know why but I was unimpressed, I've never seen CA as a program look so flustered.

Generals look like generals great tumbling but I wasn't impressed by their elite section, I like their pyramid though.

SMOED looks great, I can tell they placed a ton of emphasis on more visual, and intricate choreo. Tumbling technique leaves a little bit to be desired. Little concerned sense they did no pyramid. Sad because I didn't see the little new SMOED boy or Ari flying point in the video.

Even though I'm a strong advocate of putting the smallest/most flexible child in the air the maturity/experience of the flyer does make a difference in most cases. When the little ones feel a bump they start balancing and squirming the seasoned girls just squeeze.

I think Ari is healing from an injury.

I thought CA looked amazing.

Crazy how 2 people can watch the same thing and see it so differently but I couldn't disagree more about CA! I was blown away by the skill and creativity with pretty much every team I saw, levels 1-5. Though I guess watching in person can be different than videos, but even the videos I went back and rewatched I felt the same way. I love the Worlds team too, but CA's lower levels never fail to impress me.

Crazy how 2 people can watch the same thing and see it so differently but I couldn't disagree more about CA! I was blown away by the skill and creativity with pretty much every team I saw, levels 1-5. Though I guess watching in person can be different than videos, but even the videos I went back and rewatched I felt the same way. I love the Worlds team too, but CA's lower levels never fail to impress me.
Agreed.

I think Ari is hurt. Not sure how closely cheerleaders is to the "real life" timeline this season but in yesterday's episode of cheerleaders she got hurt can't remeber what or how but I know Eddie put Jamison in. Not sure if Ari is coming back.

I feel like Generals action always seems to stop to allow their final tumbler to land. Almost like highlighting her. But it interrupts the flow for me. Stops the routine from building. Also, their tumbling is always on point, but the stunts and flexibility are just ok for me. Yay for another full out routine, tho! Panthers, SSX and Generals girls are serving!

Thank was the first thing that came to mind for me too and then I got sad because I realized it was almost a decade ago....

I actually think they're way easier but they're harder to get consistent for sure. People with solid jumps to back never ever ever touch down but I don't feel like jumps to front ever get that rock solid.

That said I love them and hope they keep them.

I would too. I guess it depends on how it scores. But, if they are conditioned to do that jump sequence and their difficult stunts, this early in the season, it can only help their stamina to continue.

Last edited:

Sometimes I think people need to remember this when it comes to the judging. Especially in the creativity sections of the score sheet!

I saw a video for Star Vipers Medusa & Anaconda, but they were extremely blurry. Any clear videos?

Smoed's routine is... kind of cookie-cutter...

It really looks like a very similar routine to what they've been doing for multiple seasons. Especially the stunts (up to prep, thigh rub or finger-gun signal, double-around, down then up again, tick-tock).

Back