All-Star October 2018 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The way I read it, that exception only applies if you go immediately from the tumbling skill into a rewind. The split would separate the tumbling from the flipping mount. You can do a BHS, feet land on the floor, then the rewind happens.

There's a clarification immediately under that exception that reads Free flipping stunts and transitions that do not start on the performing surface are not allowed.

Doing a free flipping mount from the splits clearly doesn't start from the performance surface.
Yeah, true.. Maybe they've found a loophole to have it count as a release move? Because it doesn't meet the definition of a rewind "A free-flipping release move from ground level used as an entrance skill into a stunt."? But then it should still be illegal because of the no free flipping transitions.. I have no idea lol.

I never even realized they did that

Go back and look at the video compared to peach's split drop. None of the groups on Peach actually hit the floor but every group on TG went all the way to the ground. IMO it makes TGs stunt even more impressive to know they had to drop the flyer to the floor.

Last edited:
Okay panthers. This is what I’m talking about, literally my jaw is on the floor. This is the innovation this industry has been lacking the last few seasons. I really hope they just clean it up, and not water down all those amazing transitions.

Once again wow Cheetahs. Y’all these are giving me major 2010-2012 vibes these routines are amazing.

Couple thoughts on some CA videos:

* I love Panthers transitions and hope they keep them!

*I really like Cheetah's pyramid.

*Swoosh is looking great!

*Sassycat's 2nd stunt! Love it. Always impressed by their creativity at that level. Also the flyer's flex >>>

*I always kind of expect Mini 1/Y1 BWOs to be a little crazy leggy at this point in the year. IBK and KittyKatz BWOs are so clean!

*Those little scorps and stretches are so good. Always impressed by how CA flyers are consistent from IBK to Worlds teams.

Back