Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@pctmom do you know which competition in quebec is offering bids after CE Provincials?
And if there is a Canada Worlds shirt again this year I would love to buy one, I'm going just to watch but I'd love to be able to support all of Canada's worlds teams!

I think Great Whites' placement at Cheersport is one that still needs to be explained to me, however we live and we learn and if I love one thing about those girls most, it's their ability to rise above challenges, for example multiple injuries occured around the time of PCA, and they have come around a lot to produce a performance at Cheersport I, for one, am proud of. like pctmom said above, this routine will do amazingly well according to the Worlds scoresheet, which is the ultimate goal.

to Cheerforce Wolfpack this weekend, also good luck! the team has really stepped it up this year in my opinion and will most likely have an amazing performance. a friend of mine on the team said they had a good practice yesterday, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how they do!

Provincial Championships should be a very good fight. in the past I don't believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that there has actually been more teams than there are bids, so it should be interesting! will it be the same as year's past that there are 3 partial and 9 at large?

Cheer Evolution is giving out 12 bids and currently there are 15 teams vying for bids in Ontario so this will be a very interesting competition.

You've missed:
Durham Cheer Elite in IOC5
Power Cheer Calgary in OAG6
Both teams hoping to get their bid at Provincials.

The bottom line is that not everybody is going to get a bid at this event and the only other "close" event offering bids is in Quebec - so we may see Ontario teams head that way to try and get a bid.

The UCC small limited 5 team is the team that has competed Senior Open 5 in the early part of the season correct? Denzel, didn't we compete again them at CFTC? Hmmmm.

Re: Team Canada. The teams this year are really, really solid. We (the coaches) are very excited to work with everyone involved. The selection process this year was very difficult and while you may or may not agree with the athletes on the roster - rest assured that these are the strongest teams we've ever fielded.

Re: CCS, they looked great at Cheersport but while they had a great run day two so did the other teams and on the Cheersport score sheet this routine didn't satisfy the way the others did. On the World's scoresheet CCS will do fantastically.

Good luck to everybody going for their bids in the next little while. Wondering if we should do a CANADA shirt again for Worlds?

Yes, you're correct! We did compete against them in the Senior Open 5 division. I have a couple friends on that team, and to my understanding they were Sm Lmt'd 5 at Fall Classic, being their first competition and went Sr. Open 5 for CFTC because they wanted to have competition, seeing that there was no one in the Sm Lmt'd division at the time. Now that Flyers are in the mix they had competition at Big East Blast as Sm Lmt'd and UCC will continue as Sm Lmt'd 5 for Provincials hoping for a bid.

I think Great Whites' placement at Cheersport is one that still needs to be explained to me, however we live and we learn and if I love one thing about those girls most, it's their ability to rise above challenges, for example multiple injuries occured around the time of PCA, and they have come around a lot to produce a performance at Cheersport I, for one, am proud of. like pctmom said above, this routine will do amazingly well according to the Worlds scoresheet, which is the ultimate goal.

to Cheerforce Wolfpack this weekend, also good luck! the team has really stepped it up this year in my opinion and will most likely have an amazing performance. a friend of mine on the team said they had a good practice yesterday, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how they do!

Provincial Championships should be a very good fight. in the past I don't believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that there has actually been more teams than there are bids, so it should be interesting! will it be the same as year's past that there are 3 partial and 9 at large?

I've only seen the video of Day 2 for CSS (and I've only seen it once) but when looking at the Cheersport score sheets the focus is on-level skills executed perfectly. CSS's tumbling sequence had a lot of layouts, as did their standing sequence. You don't get any credit at Cheersport for throwing skills out of level. They busted on a couple of tumbling lines, had a few bobbles and didn't pull a leg position on their second stunt - did a straight up (level 3 skill with a squish dismount)...all contributed (I assume) to there scores. I for one, think they are an amazingly talented group of young women and seeing them live is really a treat to watch. I think they're preparing for Worlds and choose to go in a very different, very tough event and just didn't make adjustments to satisfy that event. Its a dilemma we all face.

As for bids at Ontario's, yes there are more teams than there are bids. Of course, there are bids available a plenty out west, one more bid event in Quebec (I can't remember the name of it...Kick's maybe) and one out east as well. Last season, in Ontario there were more teams than bids as well. This year CE is giving 4 partials bids and 8 at large bids.

OK - I guess the Canada shirt is a good idea - we'll start contacting clubs and get designing one....

@pctmom do you know which competition in quebec is offering bids after CE Provincials?
And if there is a Canada Worlds shirt again this year I would love to buy one, I'm going just to watch but I'd love to be able to support all of Canada's worlds teams!

I forget what it is called, but it is in Montreal March 13. We were gonna go but couldn't get the time free to travel that far. They are giving 3 at large. Kicks? maybe?

I forget what it is called, but it is in Montreal March 13. We were gonna go but couldn't get the time free to travel that far. They are giving 3 at large. Kicks? maybe?

Yes its definitely kicks if it is on March 13th in Montreal. Carleton Universities team is competing there so I was wondering if it was the same competition!

I've only seen the video of Day 2 for CSS (and I've only seen it once) but when looking at the Cheersport score sheets the focus is on-level skills executed perfectly. CSS's tumbling sequence had a lot of layouts, as did their standing sequence. You don't get any credit at Cheersport for throwing skills out of level. They busted on a couple of tumbling lines, had a few bobbles and didn't pull a leg position on their second stunt - did a straight up (level 3 skill with a squish dismount)...all contributed (I assume) to there scores. I for one, think they are an amazingly talented group of young women and seeing them live is really a treat to watch. I think they're preparing for Worlds and choose to go in a very different, very tough event and just didn't make adjustments to satisfy that event. Its a dilemma we all face.

As for bids at Ontario's, yes there are more teams than there are bids. Of course, there are bids available a plenty out west, one more bid event in Quebec (I can't remember the name of it...Kick's maybe) and one out east as well. Last season, in Ontario there were more teams than bids as well. This year CE is giving 4 partials bids and 8 at large bids.

OK - I guess the Canada shirt is a good idea - we'll start contacting clubs and get designing one....

I never really looked at Great Whites' placement in the way you did, I guess I can't remove the fact that competitions like NCA and Cheersport still weigh tumbling a lot more than Worlds, and I guess what I have seen them throw at practice is clouding my vision of what they actually threw in competition, but your analysis makes a lot of sense! in case you were wondering, the day 1 run is on Youtube under the channel "reallybored1011", and it's the fact that that performance placed them in 3rd, and according to everyone else they had a better day 2 performance, and were placed 5th, that is the part I was confused about!

Great whites looked incredible at Cheersport both days and did a fabulous job representing our country.
What you are forgetting @chyeeaaa69 is that just like the Sharks had a better run day 2 so did everyone else.
I bought the subscription to the Cheersport Dartfish videos and have watched that division over and over.
ECE and Georgia Coco's had Stunt falls day one which left 3rd place open for Sharks.
Even though Sharks had a better run both ECE and Coco's hit day 2 which bumped them up from 4th and 5th to 3rd and 4th.
You cannot control what your competition does, only put your best skills on the floor and hope that your routine scores the highest.
Congratulations to the GW ladies,
Keep up the hard work.

Great whites looked incredible at Cheersport both days and did a fabulous job representing our country.
What you are forgetting @chyeeaaa69 is that just like the Sharks had a better run day 2 so did everyone else.
I bought the subscription to the Cheersport Dartfish videos and have watched that division over and over.
ECE and Georgia Coco's had Stunt falls day one which left 3rd place open for Sharks.
Even though Sharks had a better run both ECE and Coco's hit day 2 which bumped them up from 4th and 5th to 3rd and 4th.
You cannot control what your competition does, only put your best skills on the floor and hope that your routine scores the highest.
Congratulations to the GW ladies,
Keep up the hard work.

are you watching the same day 2 as I've seen?
I have seen videos of ECE and GA both on day 2 and both had a stunt fall..

granted, they are Youtube videos and may be improperly titled, but I'm just basing off of what I have seen!
but that questioning will end now, there are more interesting matters to be discussed in Canadian cheer... what those are? I don't know!
Wolfpack IOAG performs at NCA soon!

could some1 post GW's day 2 performance on youtube?
what seems to be day 1 is up...

and soon enough we'll be able to talk about Ontario's and bid winners ;p

Back