Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am not sure if this belongs to this thread, if not let me know and i open a new one:)
I am from germany and currently in canada for my semester abroad.
I would like to visit some gyms and/or have training with the teams.
Anyone know if it would be possible to just have one training with a team or at least a stuntgroup?
I am currently onVancouver Island, will be in vancouver for a few days mid-end of april. An will be in toronto 7.-10. may.
Hope you can help me:)

Greetings

I am not sure if this belongs to this thread, if not let me know and i open a new one:)
I am from germany and currently in canada for my semester abroad.
I would like to visit some gyms and/or have training with the teams.
Anyone know if it would be possible to just have one training with a team or at least a stuntgroup?
I am currently onVancouver Island, will be in vancouver for a few days mid-end of april. An will be in toronto 7.-10. may.
Hope you can help me:)

Greetings
Mid-end April many teams are gearing up for worlds and beginning of May is generally our "off season" as teams have just come back from worlds and gyms are prepping for the new season, so it may be difficult to train with a team. My suggestion is to email surrounding gyms and ask if there's a time a stunt group would like to come in to practice with you, or simply ask to watch a worlds team practice. I'm not sure whats in the Vancouver area other than Vancouver AllStars. The Toronto area has some options. I would recommend contacting PCT Cobras or Cheer Sport Sharks. Both gyms have multiple teams heading to worlds and I'm sure would be fun to sit in on one of their practices to watch. Again, at this point in the year, I don't see training with the team as an option for many simply because everyone is focused on worlds/nationals.

I really hope you are able to find a gym to do some practicing in! And that you enjoy your time here in Canada :)

Mid-end April many teams are gearing up for worlds and beginning of May is generally our "off season" as teams have just come back from worlds and gyms are prepping for the new season, so it may be difficult to train with a team. My suggestion is to email surrounding gyms and ask if there's a time a stunt group would like to come in to practice with you, or simply ask to watch a worlds team practice. I'm not sure whats in the Vancouver area other than Vancouver AllStars. The Toronto area has some options. I would recommend contacting PCT Cobras or Cheer Sport Sharks. Both gyms have multiple teams heading to worlds and I'm sure would be fun to sit in on one of their practices to watch. Again, at this point in the year, I don't see training with the team as an option for many simply because everyone is focused on worlds/nationals.

I really hope you are able to find a gym to do some practicing in! And that you enjoy your time here in Canada :)

Thanks for your answer:)
Sounds reasoned:) i still hope i will get the opportunity to get in personal contact with canadian cheerleader:)

Last edited:
Aaaaand we are done this season! Last competition was Nationals in Niagara Falls and that was the end of the season. Tumbling assessments for next season are tonight!

Anyone have updates on worlds teams for 2017? Here is as much as I know!

Io5
Cs Great whites
Cf golden girls
BW Love

Io6
CS grey reef

Iosc6
Cs finbacks

Iosc5
Cs starspotted

Ss5
Cs small fin
CF tornadoes
Cs pacific

Io5
Cs Great whites
Cf golden girls
BW Love

Io6
CS grey reef

Iosc6
Cs finbacks

Iosc5
Cs starspotted

Ss5
Cs small fin
CF tornadoes
Cs pacific

edit:nevermind! Star spotted is definitely IOSC5 as of now

Last edited:

Io5
Cs Great whites
Cf golden girls
BW Love

Io6
CS grey reef

Iosc6
Cs finbacks

Iosc5
Cs starspotted

Ss5
Cs small fin
CF tornadoes
Cs pacific

As for clubs around me in Quebec, here is what I know and what I am keeping an eye on:

Falcons Cheer Elite: Coming back with a IOSC5 (Vega), tryouts are held after their summer skills camp.

Infinity All-Stars: Biiiiiiiig question mark here. Since a MAJOR bunch of people (coaches and athletes) left to create ACE, I don't know what will happen with Avengers and Blackout.

ACE: This is going to be an interesting surprise. A new gym with a lot of experienced coaches and athletes. I believe, with the number of people that moved from Infinity, that they'll be able to have at least one International team. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a coed team.

Phoenix: They are going with new teams and levels this year. I know they are opening a senior 5 (no idea if it's going to be small, medium or large) and IOC6 (probably named Gold... but we are still waiting for the name announcements).

Couguars: Now this is, in my opinion, really interesting. This is the first year that they are opening a worlds team. They have been developping kids over the past few years and their senior 4 was very, VERy strong last year. They are debuting a senior smal all-girl level 5 team, and I believe they will be strong very quickly.

QCC: I know they are bringing back Black Cobras, but I don't know it if it's going to be a Worlds team or just an OC6 team.

I think it pretty much covers what is happening around here at the moment. You'll know more as I know more!

In this part of the country I know that Halifax cheer elite plans to have a senior coed 5 (blue crew) go to worlds! As far as I know in NB there will be 2 senior 5s again but both were restricted last year and I presume they will be again.

Back