Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

PCT just had their tryouts and I heard they have the same teams for worlds-
S5- vengeance
Ioc5 - temptation
And io6 OS

Not sure.. But does anyone know if vengeance is small or medium?

S5- vengeance
Ioc5 - temptation
And io6 OS

Has there been any word on their anticipated IOLC6? I know there was interest

I have a friend that interested in all-star in Canada.........she located in Peterbourgh Ontario. Can anybody recommend a good gym

I have a friend that interested in all-star in Canada.........she located in Peterbourgh Ontario. Can anybody recommend a good gym
I don't believe there are any gyms in Peterborough (but I haven't been directly involved in Ontario cheer in around 2 years so this may have changed!) but there are some gyms in cities somewhat around there! There is Durham Elite, Cheer Strong, and UCC all around the Whitby/Oshawa area (about 1 hour away). The only other ones I can think of are farther, in Barrie, Kingston, or Toronto/Mississauga (approx. 2 hours). Hopefully someone else can come on and maybe give some more informed/better options though :)

The closest gym to Peterborough is definitely cheer strong in Whitby. It's still quite the drive (an hour away if you take the major highways).

Edit: I forgot about cheer force mavericks. They are located in Uxbridge about 45 minutes west of Peterborough, but I think they only have lower level teams?

Last edited:
S5- vengeance
Ioc5 - temptation
And io6 OS

SS5 ! (But I'm not affiliated with their gym - so that could change and I could be wrong)

The closest gym to Peterborough is definitely cheer strong in Whitby. It's still quite the drive (an hour away if you take the major highways).

Edit: I forgot about cheer force mavericks. They are located in Uxbridge about 45 minutes west of Peterborough, but I think they only have lower level teams?
It looks like Air Force Mavericks has levels 1, 2 and 3.

Alright, ACE Athletics (based in Quebec City) are fielding an IO5 and a IOC5 this year! No clue if the coed team is small or large yet. Pretty sure the IOC5 will basically be Infinity Avengers + a few new members. As for Infinity, it looks like it's dead and barried. I think pretty much everyone from there transfered to ACE.

In Manitoba-
Legacy Cheerleading will be having a coed 6, not sure if large or small though, last year they were large.

Central Cheer has an IO6 that already has a bid for 2017 and a coed 6, again not sure if large or small.

zn95pv.jpg

314qzvc.jpg

Interesting. I think it is a step in the right direction for you guys. Hope the transition goes smoothly.

It's been all kinds of interesting the past 6 years to get to this point. I hope that it works out nicely, but I'm a bit hesitant! I don't know if anywhere else has ever had this issue!

It's been all kinds of interesting the past 6 years to get to this point. I hope that it works out nicely, but I'm a bit hesitant! I don't know if anywhere else has ever had this issue!
Well in Quebec we did have a similar problem a few years back. But then our province decided to make cheerleading an official sport so one of the cheerleading associations became the provincial federation. As a coach it never had an impact on me, so I would say things went smoothly, but it's only from my point of view. Things aren't perfect though, obviously there is still room for improvement.

Skate Canada is in the process of amalgamating the 4 Ontario 'sections' into one provincial body for the same reasons. Each section has been running like a provincial governing body for years so you guys are not alone. I'd guess there are probably other sports/provinces working through this as well.

Back