Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So the first big competition in Ontario was this weekend. Thoughts on Cheer for the Cure? One change this year I’m not liking is that they’re not posting scores under results, only placings. Seems less than transparent. Any idea why?

So the first big competition in Ontario was this weekend. Thoughts on Cheer for the Cure? One change this year I’m not liking is that they’re not posting scores under results, only placings. Seems less than transparent. Any idea why?
I agree - not a fan of that. But i think most american comps dont show scores and they were going along with that. I like to see how close the scores were so it is a big let down for me.

I believe that scores are available in the "Coaches Corner" password protected page on Cheer Evolution's website. Not sure if that's a practice that's continuing for 17-18 though.

I don't think it's about secrecy, it's about scrutiny from people who may not be educated in the scoring system. Having been a judge, and being confronted by parents etc who have no formal understanding of how judging works, I enjoy the idea that coaches can see for comparison, but not everyone can.

Partial Paid Bids (& Face-Off Invites):

Cheer Sport GW's
CFWP Golden Girls
PCT Vengeance
Coyotes Wrecking Pack

AL Bids:

Cheer Sport Star Spotted
Cheer Sport Grey Reef
Cheer Sport Small Fin
Flyers Shock
Flyers Karma
Ace Riot
Flames Crush
Kingston Elite Royal (& Face-Off Invite)

I believe that scores are available in the "Coaches Corner" password protected page on Cheer Evolution's website. Not sure if that's a practice that's continuing for 17-18 though.

I don't think it's about secrecy, it's about scrutiny from people who may not be educated in the scoring system. Having been a judge, and being confronted by parents etc who have no formal understanding of how judging works, I enjoy the idea that coaches can see for comparison, but not everyone can.
Hmmm, I didn’t think of it that way. I do like to see how CP’s team scored against others (i.e. were they second place by a hair or a wide margin? How much did they lose in deductions?)

Anyone see any videos of Knockout from today? They didn’t add anything from Montreal Mayhem to the cheer Canada app and I’m dying to see them!!

Anyone see any videos of Knockout from today? They didn’t add anything from Montreal Mayhem to the cheer Canada app and I’m dying to see them!!

I'm assuming if CE does upload any videos or anything, Flyers would not allow Knockout to be uploaded. In the past they have never allowed their videos to be posted on the CE pages.

I'm assuming if CE does upload any videos or anything, Flyers would not allow Knockout to be uploaded. In the past they have never allowed their videos to be posted on the CE pages.
They put Cheer for the Cure videos up for Flyers last weekend on vimeo - i think CE uses that now... why wouldnt they let CE upload from MM?

They put Cheer for the Cure videos up for Flyers last weekend on vimeo - i think CE uses that now... why wouldnt they let CE upload from MM?

Not sure. This is the first time I've seen them allow them to upload videos (other than Face Off one year). But I'm surprised the rest of the competition is not on Vimeo

Not sure. This is the first time I've seen them allow them to upload videos (other than Face Off one year). But I'm surprised the rest of the competition is not on Vimeo
you are right - MM isnt on vimeo but the ON CE events are on there from last year too. Maybe its a PQ thing?
I believe CE just switched over last year as well

I am incredibly mad at the new rules for school cheer. I can't even...

Why???!!! :mad::mad:

Did they come from CCI or a provincial organization? I haven't seen anything here

ETA - Oh found it on CCI's site. I did know about this. One of our programs coaches was on the committee for this. I have to actually read it though.

When do Canada All-Star gyms form and announce their teams? With the changes, I am very curious who will go International 5 and who will go Open 5.

Back