OT Old Foot Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oct 18, 2015
About 4 years ago, I sprained my right foot during to a game of capture the flag with my class and another class. I accidently sprained it by having left foot over my right foot as I turn to run and capture to someone from other class. However, I think my right foot got stuck / caught by my left foot. I think it didn't heal properly because I did some stupid things to it.

This year, I went to Cadet Camp (summer camp) for a 3-week course. About a couple days in, the tendon at the right ankle might not have worked properly (happens something before this happen) when I was running in the morning with other cadets (I think). It felt like the pain from the day I have sprained my foot which is around my ankle and heal.

About a week after the summer camp, that pain sort came back. However, my questions are :
Is it possible for an old injury to somehow come back in the same general area?

Is it possible for my foot to possibly be permanently ruined

Last edited:
Of course it is possible to have pain still in that area. Like you said, it probably didn't heal properly. And yes, this may even effect you for the rest of your life. This is not an uncommon thing to happen after injuries. I'd recommend getting it looked at by a PT.

Unless you've been experiencing pain in that ankle for the past 4 years it sounds like you've reinjured it - or it could be a different injury just in same area. But once you've had a sprain there is always a higher chance of repeat injury because the muscles/tendons/ligaments have been damaged and weakened. This may be something you'll have to be more conscious of the rest of your life, that's just reality. I would suggest highly going to an orthopedist to have it checked out as they are the best ones to give you answers. I'm just the mom of a cheerleader who had ankle surgery due to insufficient healing and repeat damage.

Unless you've been experiencing pain in that ankle for the past 4 years it sounds like you've reinjured it - or it could be a different injury just in same area. But once you've had a sprain there is always a higher chance of repeat injury because the muscles/tendons/ligaments have been damaged and weakened. This may be something you'll have to be more conscious of the rest of your life, that's just reality. I would suggest highly going to an orthopedist to have it checked out as they are the best ones to give you answers. I'm just the mom of a cheerleader who had ankle surgery due to insufficient healing and repeat damage.

I agree. Once you injure a joint, you are at increased risk for subsequent injuries to that joint. I have sprained my right ankle more times than I can count. Two of those sprains were significant and one has left me with permanent and ongoing issues with pain and swelling.

I would get seen. The doctors might send you to therapy to teach you strengthening exercises to help heal your injury and prevent future ones.

Back