All-Star Om*g World Cup Shooting Stars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I only watched it really quick, and I'm posting this fast before I run off to work.

OMG Twinks..so small, so cute, so GOOD.
Stars- from a girl who bleeds teal and ingests it via koolaid, you had a PHENOM energy and a really well executed routine. I'd love to see stunts that are a bit harder, but maybe that's just different philosophy: some gyms put out their hardest first, maybe tweak it to make it hit for comps but it's their ultimate goal and they want you to know it. Others slowly build up to their hardest. Either way, you rocked that dance. I really don't like that song AT ALL, but you diva'd the HECK out of it. If you lose this year, you're going down SWINGING. Although- I still CAN'T STAND that opening V/O..too much talking, and I DID completely tune it out to watch what they were doing (as I figured I would). It's not enhancing the action for me, it's detracting. Ah well...sidenote: I may have blinked and missed it (It was 6:30 AM when I watched it- I had to go to work)..but did they have ANY sync tumbling for running? I think I saw mass group movement for standing, but I'm not sure..

im not a fan of the pyramid and the first stunt... needs more difficulty. other than that excellent job. nailed everything just about :)

Jose did a fantastic job with SS. The routine is filled with non-stop action. I havn't loved a WCSS routine since 08 so im excited to see them evolvethroughout the season, however, to call them world champions already??? visually and technically, i enjoy their routine much more than CEA, but do you think f5 will give it up their crown that easily- think again!

What some people here need to realize is that Shooting Stars have never been the team to overload a routine with skills they can't hit. And I don't know why any teams actually do that. I think it is a lot more beneficial to water down skills so the girls can hit, rather then have them throw harder skills and fall all over. Building confidence in your team early in the season is one of the best things a coach can do.

And thats exactly what is done with stars. Build them up in the beginning so they have the confidence to add difficulty.

Lazers have my 2nd favourite routine that I've seen come out of that Kick Off, really really good routine.
I don't understand these people saying Stars need more difficulty. It seems that these days people think more difficulty means more tick tocks, and it really doesn't. They do 2 full up elements, both hitting on one foot/in a body position, two release elements, one stretch to (what I'm assuming will later become) scale high to high, one switch up bow, and a flipping element in the 2nd stunt. If you think that isn't difficult, take a look at a score sheet, they will score actually quite high in stunting.

Everyone knows where I stand, but I can be objective so..
Here's my take on Shooting Stars:
  • Standing Tumbling - Strong
  • Running Tumbling - Strong
  • Stunt - I would like to see 1-1/2 up to stretch, press, full up scorpion, sponge switch up to opp. stretch then high high
    • I feel like full up to body positions is so 2 years ago.
  • Jumps - I like their creative approach to jumps, and the fact they are doing (4) timing/flexibility will evolve.
  • Baskets - They hit the score sheet, execution wise they will evolve.
  • Pyramid - They start out strong and creative, and then it died for me - I'm sure more attention will be paid to the pyramid as the season progresses and it will fill in more.
  • Dance - Mute point, it hits the score sheet - it was entertaining, but not one of their epic dances in my book.

Everyone knows where I stand, but I can be objective so..
Here's my take on Shooting Stars:
  • Standing Tumbling - Strong
  • Running Tumbling - Strong
  • Stunt - I would like to see 1-1/2 up to stretch, press, full up scorpion, sponge switch up to opp. stretch then high high
    • I feel like full up to body positions is so 2 years ago.
  • Jumps - I like their creative approach to jumps, and the fact they are doing (4) timing/flexibility will evolve.
  • Baskets - They hit the score sheet, execution wise they will evolve.
  • Pyramid - They start out strong and creative, and then it died for me - I'm sure more attention will be paid to the pyramid as the season progresses and it will fill in more.
  • Dance - Mute point, it hits the score sheet - it was entertaining, but not one of their epic dances in my book.

Agree with this 100%.

Loved the energy.

Back