Om*g World Cup Shooting Stars

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by bignate, Nov 13, 2011.

1. jennarap

jennarap I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    jennarap
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    i love that suns use 'on display' in there prymaid!

2. errrx

errrx They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer

<333

3. rvnblue

rvnblue I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    It is true that F5 outscored Stars at 2011 Worlds in tumbling. I do, however, believe this was only due to the perceived difficulty F5 had over stars and the sync STANDING TUMBLING during their opening. With sync tumbling becoming more and more visible this year, I think they will be hurt if F5 and CEA both have it in their routine and Stars are lacking it.

4. brek3

brek3 I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    personally think its way to early to be judging and counting what stars do and dont have. By the first real (scored competition) these numbers will change anyways like toni will most likely be back tumbling. This was the first performance in front of a bunch of people Im sure some tumbling was scaled down so i bet it will be even better come a few weeks or whenever they compete next. I think i can just say that people including me, are so proud and happy for stars because the choreography was so creative and there was so many new girls who took the floor. And for a first performance? it was absolutely amazing.. lets just say if we think it looks good now, just imagine what its gonna look like with a few more months of practice

5. cheeeeeeeeeer

cheeeeeeeeeer I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    i can say that alot of tumbling was watered down

6. AcaseA

AcaseA There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    caseymagnesium
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    Click HERE for the link :D

7. carolinagirl823

carolinagirl823 I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Okay not trying to be rude, but I don't see how the tumbling could possibly be watered down. Pretty much everything ended in doubles except for the standing tumbling that was clearly meant to end in fulls (which was really only the standing fulls section). I thought the tumbling was amazing.

8. omgitssydthekid

omgitssydthekid Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    sydneywright496
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I think Shooting Stars look amazing this year. And as usual, their tumbling is on point. But according to the bolded part, you say they have never overloaded their routine with things they can't hit. But to be fair, last year they stacked the routine with stunts that wern't able to hit for the good first few months of the season so they changed and rearranged the stunts and ended up looking incredible. Not trying to start a fight but I just wanted to throw that out there.

9. kristenthegreat

kristenthegreat Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Yeah, I was curious about that too. Unless there were some whips in passes that weren't thrown. Maybe a full double. But watered down tumbling? I didn't see much.

Also- I've watched Stars hit a full-up immediate stretch before. And a 1 1/4 up. And high-high lib-stretch. Yes, that's all hitting the scoresheet, and they're pretty nice and all. But in Lrg Senior, you can't just 'hit' the scoresheet. With these 3 contenders, you need to beat it down with a hammer come worlds. I'm sure they will by then, for now they're hitting what will earn them a good stunting score.

10. cheeeeeeeeeer

cheeeeeeeeeer I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    didnt mean to write alot haha but i know most of the fulls were supposed to be doubles and some punchfronts

11. topxofxmyxgame

topxofxmyxgame I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    You can find the worlds sheets on either Varsity's Facebook page or the USASF page. I saw a copy of them the other day when I happened to be just looking at photos.

12. MorganGirl46

MorganGirl46 I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I don't understand why everyone is saying "SSneeds to change their pyramid","OMG THERE TUMBLING WONT HIT THE SCORESHEET" , "SS needs to change their opening stunt to this , this and this so i could be happy" . Remeber everyone, its Novemeber, they WILL change what is needed to be changed.Who even knows if their tumbling is water downed , or if it isnt the real opening stunt/ pyramid , you will be surprised when everything comes together like last year. But for now focus on how incrediably talented they were yesterday.Just a side comment: No one is going to know who is going to win worlds this year. All teams are incrediably talented Worlds is in like May , Also, Noadded to the routine.Shut up. No one knows who is going to be the next World Champion and whose going to "own teams routines will be chaged so as of rightNO ONE knows who will win. I hope CEA,SS, and F5 have a succesful year and may the best team take the throwne in MAY :)

13. imrichhowboutu

imrichhowboutu Guest

At kick off they all hit. They were more than capable of hitting. Minus that horrific day at Athletic Championships, they haven't had issues like many of the other teams that are out. And if you watch the vid from kick off, the ones that kept it in the air HIT. You don't see girls wobbling all over barely keeping it in the air.

14. hannahx0xbananaa

hannahx0xbananaa I think I can mix Cheer Music

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    that's exactly what i said yesterday! i've honestly never really been a shooting stars fan but i must say i really really like their routine! even @arilt95 was in complete shock i admitted to it..

15. cndesaus

cndesaus I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    Great tumbling but I feel like I have been watching the same stunt for the past 3 years...

pretty good routine though