All-Star Om*g World Cup Shooting Stars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There are 4 arabians from the side. And 3 fromt he corner

Does no one remember F5 last year? They had 1 group of 5 tumble. And one group of 6 or 7. Other than that it was smaller groups doing specialty passes.

What will score you higher in sync is having smaller groups (3-5) doing extremely difficult passes) rather than having a group of 10 fulls.

Also as a side note, that gym was disgustingly hot and humid. Warm ups were extremely fast as it was getting very late (wasn't over til 10). I know there were several people on Lazers who didn't do all of their skills because it was so gross and harder to breathe in there. Not making excuses for any of the teams, just letting you know how it is.

It is true that F5 outscored Stars at 2011 Worlds in tumbling. I do, however, believe this was only due to the perceived difficulty F5 had over stars and the sync STANDING TUMBLING during their opening. With sync tumbling becoming more and more visible this year, I think they will be hurt if F5 and CEA both have it in their routine and Stars are lacking it.

personally think its way to early to be judging and counting what stars do and dont have. By the first real (scored competition) these numbers will change anyways like toni will most likely be back tumbling. This was the first performance in front of a bunch of people Im sure some tumbling was scaled down so i bet it will be even better come a few weeks or whenever they compete next. I think i can just say that people including me, are so proud and happy for stars because the choreography was so creative and there was so many new girls who took the floor. And for a first performance? it was absolutely amazing.. lets just say if we think it looks good now, just imagine what its gonna look like with a few more months of practice

Okay not trying to be rude, but I don't see how the tumbling could possibly be watered down. Pretty much everything ended in doubles except for the standing tumbling that was clearly meant to end in fulls (which was really only the standing fulls section). I thought the tumbling was amazing.

What some people here need to realize is that Shooting Stars have never been the team to overload a routine with skills they can't hit. And I don't know why any teams actually do that. I think it is a lot more beneficial to water down skills so the girls can hit, rather then have them throw harder skills and fall all over. Building confidence in your team early in the season is one of the best things a coach can do.
And thats exactly what is done with stars. Build them up in the beginning so they have the confidence to add difficulty.

I think Shooting Stars look amazing this year. And as usual, their tumbling is on point. But according to the bolded part, you say they have never overloaded their routine with things they can't hit. But to be fair, last year they stacked the routine with stunts that wern't able to hit for the good first few months of the season so they changed and rearranged the stunts and ended up looking incredible. Not trying to start a fight but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Okay not trying to be rude, but I don't see how the tumbling could possibly be watered down. Pretty much everything ended in doubles except for the standing tumbling that was clearly meant to end in fulls (which was really only the standing fulls section). I thought the tumbling was amazing.
Yeah, I was curious about that too. Unless there were some whips in passes that weren't thrown. Maybe a full double. But watered down tumbling? I didn't see much.

Also- I've watched Stars hit a full-up immediate stretch before. And a 1 1/4 up. And high-high lib-stretch. Yes, that's all hitting the scoresheet, and they're pretty nice and all. But in Lrg Senior, you can't just 'hit' the scoresheet. With these 3 contenders, you need to beat it down with a hammer come worlds. I'm sure they will by then, for now they're hitting what will earn them a good stunting score.

didnt mean to write alot haha but i know most of the fulls were supposed to be doubles and some punchfronts

It is true that F5 outscored Stars at 2011 Worlds in tumbling. I do, however, believe this was only due to the perceived difficulty F5 had over stars and the sync STANDING TUMBLING during their opening. With sync tumbling becoming more and more visible this year, I think they will be hurt if F5 and CEA both have it in their routine and Stars are lacking it.

You can find the worlds sheets on either Varsity's Facebook page or the USASF page. I saw a copy of them the other day when I happened to be just looking at photos.

I don't understand why everyone is saying "SSneeds to change their pyramid","OMG THERE TUMBLING WONT HIT THE SCORESHEET" , "SS needs to change their opening stunt to this , this and this so i could be happy" . Remeber everyone, its Novemeber, they WILL change what is needed to be changed.Who even knows if their tumbling is water downed , or if it isnt the real opening stunt/ pyramid , you will be surprised when everything comes together like last year. But for now focus on how incrediably talented they were yesterday.Just a side comment: No one is going to know who is going to win worlds this year. All teams are incrediably talented Worlds is in like May , Also, Noadded to the routine.Shut up. No one knows who is going to be the next World Champion and whose going to "own teams routines will be chaged so as of rightNO ONE knows who will win. I hope CEA,SS, and F5 have a succesful year and may the best team take the throwne in MAY :)

I think Shooting Stars look amazing this year. And as usual, their tumbling is on point. But according to the bolded part, you say they have never overloaded their routine with things they can't hit. But to be fair, last year they stacked the routine with stunts that wern't able to hit for the good first few months of the season so they changed and rearranged the stunts and ended up looking incredible. Not trying to start a fight but I just wanted to throw that out there.
At kick off they all hit. They were more than capable of hitting. Minus that horrific day at Athletic Championships, they haven't had issues like many of the other teams that are out. And if you watch the vid from kick off, the ones that kept it in the air HIT. You don't see girls wobbling all over barely keeping it in the air.

Back