All-Star Om*g World Cup Shooting Stars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Great tumbling but I feel like I have been watching the same stunt for the past 3 years...

pretty good routine though

It's not anything different , yes. But they will probably add more into it , its just show off. If you really wanted to say you have been watching the same stunt , look at SE they JUST changed their opening stunt and added more than jsut a regular tick - tock. Im not being mean im just saying alot of teams do the same stunt because they feel more confident doing it , if it hits than why put more pressure on a stunt that wont.

I'd much rather see extremely clean full up stretch than messy ugly 1 1/2 stretches that hit at slightly different times.
I counted:
10 three to doubles
5 two to doubles
3 one to doubles
1 two to double double
didn't count standing fulls, but I didn't see as many as some people are saying. Maybe 18? including toe fulls.
23 running doubles
gave everyone the benefit of the doubt here assuming they will be doubling. Out of those 10 three to doubles, only 5 actually doubled at the showcase, maybe 6.

The main reason I've been freaking out over this routine is because it's interesting. The choreography, formations, etc. are intricate and different for most teams, and no teams can pull it off like Stars do. Okay sure they aren't doing 100 tick tocks to a 900 ball up stretch to no handed straight scorpion, but really, their stunt does what it needs to, it scores (well.. it will). I'm not going to get into CEA's routine on here, this is the WC thread, but I genuinely think people are getting too caught up in needing to see the most difficult stunts ever and craziest tumbling passes instead of enjoying a routine that still has more difficulty than any all girl team I've seen this year so far.

I think Katie B is suppose to do a whip or full doubles, but don't know what happened.
THE PYRAMID!! Speechless!!
but i have to say that i'm not impressed by their first stunt. c'mon they could do better than that! double ups?

People think they need to change their pryamid or make it longer, but why? It hits the scoresheet and will give them plenty points probably the same as a huge pyramid. There is nowhere on the scoresheet that says you need a 5 minute pryamid. Many teams do not do super elaborate pyramids because it isn't necessary. If they can get the points for something that isn't so over the top then why not? Having those super long pyramids and have crazy flips everywhere just gives more room for something to mess up causing a team to lose points.

As for their stunts, how many other teams do 2 full ups (or 1.25 ups) to a body position in their stunts PLUS a tick tock variation and a switch up/ball up to a body position? Not many so I am sure they are satisfied right not with their stunt. It will get them a bid and then they care worry about the worlds scoresheet. Once again if it hits the scoresheet the same as a stunt that is all over the place and gets the same points then why not keep something that hits clean?

(actual last post)
you know you're desperate to hate on someone when you complain because they aren't doing double ups.
I think [hope] they were being sarcastic.

And i'm not surprised on how amazing stars routine is. I wanna see F5 now so bad!!

if stars can hit their stunts, then who cares. falling out of a stunt is a huge deduction unlike having a safe stunt that the girls feel confident with their stunting.
the last thing you want to feel when you go into a stunt is that it might not hit, and these girls are obviously comfortable with their stunts so just leave them be.

I'd much rather see extremely clean full up stretch than messy ugly 1 1/2 stretches that hit at slightly different times.
I counted:
10 three to doubles
5 two to doubles
3 one to doubles
1 two to double double
didn't count standing fulls, but I didn't see as many as some people are saying. Maybe 18? including toe fulls.
23 running doubles
gave everyone the benefit of the doubt here assuming they will be doubling. Out of those 10 three to doubles, only 5 actually doubled at the showcase, maybe 6.
and tonis full-double! shes injured though and could only stunt

I don't mean to take away from the Stars moment, but could anyone quickly share when we can expect to see F5's routine? I'm excited to be able to judge them all by comparison...

Is it bad that I liked the Starlites (sp?) the best? So fierce!

Also, despite the constant shaking affecting the video quality..you gotta love that guy who took the video! That's a fan right there

Latest posts

Back