All-Star Om*g World Cup Shooting Stars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't mean to take away from the Stars moment, but could anyone quickly share when we can expect to see F5's routine? I'm excited to be able to judge them all by comparison...

probably dec 3rd at our 1st compeitition...unless someone happens to get a video of them at showcase...

I am so in love with this routine. The formations and transitions are fantastic! Great work to everyone at WC!!

My only gripe with Shooting Stars routine... the stunt in the back, beginning of running tumbling... it bugs me that her motions don't hit quite with the music. (Ridiculous I know....)

I feel like we always have the same people flip-flopping who says what based on the thread. CEA fan people say 'OMG CEA' on the CEA thread and WC-fan types say 'Mehh' and then vice versa. Either one or the others is too safe or too hard, or it's too november or watered down, or they're trying something new or well 'why hit the worlds score sheet NOW, it's only november' (Shouldn't we have the same score sheet the whole year? Really?).. None of us are saying anything that should be shocking to EITHER side by now lol. And if you're shocked/upset/hurt by now, buck up. It's only gonna go downhill from here haha ;)

And then there's F5 who just kinda exists in the realm of indifference-LOVE but just doesn't have the hardcore fanbase so they kinda just do their thing.

In 2010 I was SE all the way.
In 2011 SE bored me and I was indifferent about large senior.
2012, SHOO SHOO SHOOTING STARS♥ lovelovelove, so much talent! Now I have a team to root for in large senior! :)

This is exactly how I feel!
2010- was the year of the teal
2011- was all about small senior...Cali vs. Panthers vs. Orange
2012- Back to large again with shooting stars!!

I think the Stars look great...its very early...there is plenty of season left for them to make changes..I actually like this routine..they tumble beast...and most of it looks pretty clean...considering they haven't done that many full out routines..its only going to get better..not a big fan of the pyramid..I usually like transitions into and out of builds/structures..im hoping they add at least one more hit part of the pyramid ;)

This routine is MEANT for them and that is why I love it SO much. The choreography is perfection. The motions and style are what stars are all about. I love the stunt just the way it is. Everyone is so caught up in whose doing the most tick tock's or twisting up the most times and the days of beautiful body lines and clean technique are slowly fading. I hope stars stick with these stunts and do them to perfection. What really gives me chills is when the timing of everything is PERFECT and everyone hits strong and then give me some fierce synced double downs, not some crazy stunt with okay execution. Probably why Smoke 07 is my favorite routine. Bring back those GOLDen memories ladies ;)

This routine is MEANT for them and that is why I love it SO much. The choreography is perfection. The motions and style are what stars are all about. I love the stunt just the way it is. Everyone is so caught up in whose doing the most tick tock's or twisting up the most times and the days of beautiful body lines and clean technique are slowly fading. I hope stars stick with these stunts and do them to perfection. What really gives me chills is when the timing of everything is PERFECT and everyone hits strong and then give me some fierce synced double downs, not some crazy stunt with okay execution. Probably why Smoke 07 is my favorite routine. Bring back those GOLDen memories ladies ;)
I think that I have the same brain as you

This is my opinion on everyone's opinion about whether a team needs more of this and that.....

Everyone needs to remember that each gym has different philosophies, all with the same end goal. How each one gets there may be different. There are only X amount of hours in a practice to cover all aspects of the score sheet. It can be difficult to structure the weekly practices especially if you are a gym that wants to come out strong in every category . Therefore you need to distribute the time you have at practice to cover all areas. If you focused on one area more than the others, then that decision can be at the expense of other areas on the score sheet. We all think of the main areas; running & standing tumbling, stunts, baskets and pyramid but the score sheet is so much more! Coaches also have to focus on jump variety, execution, flexibility and sychronization, clean transitions that flow easily, choreography creativity, motions, formations, dance with various formation changes and levels....I am sure there are more! Some gyms may focus on the details and choose to cover all aspects of the score sheet right out of the gate and add difficulty as the season goes on. I find it hard to think that if a team comes out at equal strength in all aspects of the score sheet, that some would be critical if they were not as strong in one particular area as a gym that had more of a singular focus out of the gate. There really is not a right or wrong answer on this it is just a difference in philosophies.

Back