All-Star "one Man" Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 15, 2011
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but I am curious about how "one man stunts" on an all girl team are scored. As I look toward next season should I prepare my girls to start doing stunts without a thrid base? I was under the impression that the more stunt groups a team puts up the higher their diffuculty score should be. Currently there is a huge disscussion about this in my gym, can someone help me out? Maybe ASCheerMan can help me out....

I only have experience with this in level two and level one but I've definitely scored higher this way because you have more stunts in the air and it is more difficult when you eliminate a base.

One of my teams has 8 kids on the team and they put up 4 stunts, the same as teams with 12 or more kids. Another one my teams does "two-man/assisted coed-style" prep/extensions and again, same amount of kids as other teams but more stunts in the air. In the past for level 2 I've put up prep lib sequences without the secondary base. You do need to be careful about grips and entries for different levels and different stunts to make sure that it is legal.

I have always done this for level 1 & 2 as well. I think more we are having the discussion do we apply this to our higher levels as well.

My 10 level 1 kids max out quantity of stunts because we have 5 in the air. It has definitely benefitted us this season.

If I remember correctly from a conversation with a judge, in level 5, unless it's clean, held for a long time, and hits multiple body positions (GT Pink 2012 is a good example), or has a difficult mount (not just straight up), there is much more you can do to score higher than that, but I can see how low levels could benefit more.

Back