All-Star One Step Forward And Yet Another Back

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter's school has always had that rule. I'm fine with it - if the school's dress code says no skirts that short, why should the cheer uniform be an exception? They can still wear it, just with sweatpants underneath. People already think football players and cheerleaders get all the special treatment (while we may think this is not true, it is a perception a lot of people have about cheerleading). I'm a firm believer in rules applying to everyone equally across the board.

Be glad that's all they're doing. Last year when the cheerleaders tried to fight the sweatpants rule based on the fact that the cheer uni was school-issued, the principal suggested that they change the uniform to meet the school's dress code!!! :eek: That shut the girls up quick.

We had the same issue except with our shoulders. She said showing shoulders was "too much skin" so we have to wear under armour with sleeves under the top for school. It gets soooooo hot. But were allowed to take them off at the game, and its better than having to change the uniform!

At my high school we had to wear our leggings under our uniforms at school, even in the hot Texas heat

My daughters school does not allow the girls to wear their uniforms to school. They wear black pants and white shirt and this year they have a scarf on Thursdays when competitions begin, and every friday they wear "VICE" wear which is a shirt with matching skirt with shorts attached or they wear their warmup pants.

Our coach didn't allow us to wear our uniforms to school....risk of ruining them by getting stained. We either wore our warm ups, jeans and cheer t-shirt, or dressed up on game days.

We were never allowed to wear our uniforms to school because of the skirts not fitting the dress code. We had warm ups that look just like World Cup's warm ups that we would wear our shell/tshirt under, but we often just wore shirts/sweatshirts and jeans. We never had a problem with it because it was more comfortable to wear normal clothes all day instead of our uniform.

This seems silly to me - it's ok to wear the uniform doing cheerleading at games events pep rallies where the girls may 'bend over' but it's not appropriate to sit in a classroom in a chair??? :-/.

we wore our unis to school once. it was the day of the pep rally my junior (maybe senior) year. we got away with it because the vball players were allowed to wear their uniforms to school and their shorts were WAY smaller than our skirts were.

...and as previously said, we had to wear full bodysuits (leotards) under our uniforms, but that was a practicality thing. nobody likes a cheerleading popsicle.

We also do not wear uniforms to school. Not in dress code in anyway. We have specified outfits we were on gamedays.

I dont understand why they are allowed to wear them to a game then. ALL school rules apply at sporting events. If you wanna say "rules apply to everyone equally across the board", where does this fit in here?

This seems silly to me - it's ok to wear the uniform doing cheerleading at games events pep rallies where the girls may 'bend over' but it's not appropriate to sit in a classroom in a chair??? :-/.

Have you seen Volleyball players uniforms now? They look like underwear with t-shirts tucked into them and they don't wear them to school but compete in them. There is a time and place for everything. Our girls are in VICE wear for pep rallies too, when they actually have one.

I dont understand why they are allowed to wear them to a game then. ALL school rules apply at sporting events. If you wanna say "rules apply to everyone equally across the board", where does this fit in here?

I don't know about where you are but the dress code is definitely NOT enforced at games. Tank tops and booty shorts are everywhere at games.....

I wonder if they could get matching (at the knee length) leggings to wear under the uniform.

A uniform worn while competing, performing, playing etc, is not required to meet dress code. Track, volleyball, swimming, softball, etc., uniforms probably don't meet dress code and wearing jeans, khakis, over the knee skirts etc, don't meet safety code.

I have no problem with them not being allowed to wear the uniform at school.

Back