All-Star One-up Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 28, 2009
Does anyone have any information on the One Up company? We are trying to make our competition schedule for next year, and Varsity has listed the One Up National Championship in Nashville for next March. I don't know if this is just a new name, but I've never heard of this company or Nationals. Does anyone have any information or details about this?
Thanks!

Does anyone have any information on the One Up company? We are trying to make our competition schedule for next year, and Varsity has listed the One Up National Championship in Nashville for next March. I don't know if this is just a new name, but I've never heard of this company or Nationals. Does anyone have any information or details about this?
Thanks!

We attended the One Up Championship in Gatlinburg, TN last weekend. It was originally supposed to be an "Athletics Championship" but at the last minute it changed to One Up -- it was still listed on the Athletics website, but it was listed as a "One Up Championship." We enjoyed it very much. It seemed very well organized, and pretty much ran on time. It was a very "glitzy" fun type event -- the flashing lights, etc. Similar to a Jamfest, but no Jammy! The champion teams got hoodies (my daughter said it's the most comfortable one she's ever gotten.) They did some "extra awards" at each awards ceremony -- best stunt sequence, best pyramid, etc. Not so many that everyone got one, but about 4-5 during each awards ceremony. Then they'd show a video of the team that won the award performing whatever the award was for. They also had an "encore performance" by the grand champion from each awards ceremony. They actually came on stage and performed again. During awards they were pushing their Nashville national for next year, and said that they were going to have worlds bids there.

Pros - Fun, ran on time, loved the DJ above the stage, loved the specialty awards
Cons - 4 of our winning teams did not get hoodies because they ran out - I can understand running a little short - but 4 whole teams from one gym!

the encore performance was a bit odd.....the kids on GT Black who did it said it was very tiring to perform, get their award, then perform again

the encore performance was a bit odd.....the kids on GT Black who did it said it was very tiring to perform, get their award, then perform again

I found it kind of odd, too. It also seems like you're risking injury by having them perform a 2nd time.

We attended the Gatlinburg competition also. It was a fun competition. I loved the way they showed the highlights of the teams as the specialty awards were announced. I also like the specialty awards for best cheer mom and cheer dad, that was kinda cute. I didn't like how long the award ceremony lasted. I know the participating teams probably liked getting their names called and walking on stage but that took a long time. I can see where for the higher level teams you are risking injury for another performance, they probably should have just shown it on the screen.

Back