All-Star Open For Debate, What Would You Rather Have?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We keep saying ' to outsiders' but really to outsiders if you won cheerleading, college or allstar, you probably won a contest with who had the better pom pom shaking.

It's within the world of cheer that matters, and the opinions drive and energy right now is moving more towards allstar.

Can I add I would prefer if it were setup that college was still highly revered? Aiming for something greater than you are now is a huge motivation for people and I don't like the idea that Worlds is (or definitely will be depending on the time frame) the pinnacle. That means high schoolers will have reached the top and be done. I would love for college to make a comeback and be what it was to me back in the early 2000's.

But with open teams becoming stronger I don't see college taking back much. In general allstar kids prefer the allstar style. They may want to cheer on their college (so much fun, loved it) but this allstar world they spent 10-15 years in just goes away in college? Everything they knew is now wrong? For college to survive and thrive back to the point it once was it has gotta change with the times.

This is very true.

I feel like if you tell an outsider " i won worlds this weekend" they will think thats alot more impressive then " i won nationals" considering there are hundreds of cheer company nationals throughout the season. Cheerleaders know that NCA jacket is like gold and so prestigious. which do you think would get a better response?

If i was to tell my family and friends that i was world champion that would be so much more impressive then if i was to say i was a national champion. If you compare it to other sports being a world champion is so much more than national champion

I personally would rather win worlds but I don't think the two are really that comparable. Obviously most allstar cheerleader who have been allstars forever would much rather win worlds, but college cheerleaders would probably rather win NCA. It depends who you ask.

I'm trying to imagine winning a national college title... Can't really see the recognition you get in front of me. I guess I'm too much of an outsider in this matter. But from MY point of view, an international angle where I'm not really "a part" of the whole allstar world in the US neither the college world, I would say Worlds is bigger. That's what I would want to win if I could choose.

Honestly I think regardless of college cheer or all star, winning either worlds or a college national title is a HUGE honor either way. Any team who wins one of those titles is an extremely talented team and lucky to have won! I think a national college title or a worlds title means just as much to the person cheering regardless of college or all star. I'd take any one of those title any day. Theyre both huge honors.

I have no idea what divisions are in college cheer. D1 sounds horrible to me. It makes it sounds like a grade, and they're below average. Sorry, we don't exactly have a college cheer team in arizona unless you count U of A or that rec team of college girls ASU tries to pass off as cheerleaders. I would much prefer a world title. Even if you don't know what allstar cheer is, people automatically know that a "world" competition is pretty epic.

Really at this point, it's not really 'worlds'. The main competition is between US teams. For the exception of everyone's favorite Loony Dolphins, senior divisions are just US teams. So only 4 divisions at worlds are true 'world champion titles'. The rest are at the same high level 'national' status as NCA or UCA - the best teams are brought to one place and compete. All season, people say 'this team is better than that one but we'll never really know until they compete all together' At this point, that is exactly what these competitions are doing - bringing everyone to one place.

I think that once the non-US teams really start to develop and make a statement in the competition and give US teams a run for their money, Worlds will be much more prestigous over any college national title.

I'd rather win a worlds ring. World champion sounds so much cooler than national champion and there's so much more competition at worlds than at college nationals.

Latest posts

Back