All-Star Open For Debate, What Would You Rather Have?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Most allstar cheerleaders may never get a chance to be on a "worlds" allstar team....due to the fact that they cheer at a small gym no level 5 gyms, ect. Some kids don't know how lucky they are to have that chance!!! Now a college team, a child may follow and set goals to be on and try out for a specific team having a much better chance making a National Championship team. I would be proud for my child to earn either!!!!

Really at this point, it's not really 'worlds'. The main competition is between US teams. For the exception of everyone's favorite Loony Dolphins, senior divisions are just US teams. So only 4 divisions at worlds are true 'world champion titles'. The rest are at the same high level 'national' status as NCA or UCA - the best teams are brought to one place and compete. All season, people say 'this team is better than that one but we'll never really know until they compete all together' At this point, that is exactly what these competitions are doing - bringing everyone to one place.

I think that once the non-US teams really start to develop and make a statement in the competition and give US teams a run for their money, Worlds will be much more prestigous over any college national title.

I disagree. The competition is not closed to anyone, it is just a really high barrier to entry. The teams that win the Worlds divisions are truly the best at those divisions in the World. It is not like there is a secret team in China that could win large senior and we just don't have them here.

I disagree. The competition is not closed to anyone, it is just a really high barrier to entry. The teams that win the Worlds divisions are truly the best at those divisions in the World. It is not like there is a secret team in China that could win large senior and we just don't have them here.

Well I was more trying to say that once all of the divisions develop into being extremely competitive between all countries, winning a World's title will be so much more significant. But right now, the competition is actually fairly young so as time goes on it will continually grow and a title will become more and more prestigious to the point where a World champion title is like saying you won the Olympics.

Well I was more trying to say that once all of the divisions develop into being extremely competitive between all countries, winning a World's title will be so much more significant. But right now, the competition is actually fairly young so as time goes on it will continually grow and a title will become more and more prestigious to the point where a World champion title is like saying you won the Olympics.

True. Though no country is close enough to the US at the moment because they dont have the infrastructure.

And they wont catch up until tumbling is a bigger deal to the other countries. They arent gonna randomly get double fulls when there is no reason for them to even teach double fulls when no competition gives credit for them.

My vote is for a College National Championship. When you're out in the real world and someone sees a blinged out College Nationals ring, and they ask about it and you say "Oh, my college cheer team won Nationals" people admire and respect that. When you wear the (in my opinion) blah, boring, non-descript Worlds ring, people barely notice it. IF they ask about it and you say "Oh, my cheer team won Worlds" they go "oh cool" or "that's nice".

The general public recognizes college cheer, they are more visible....on TV during games (even for a brief moment), they do lots of community work/appearances. John and Sue Q Public, who don't know a thing about cheerleading, will always think of college & high school cheerleaders when they hear "cheerleader". Also, when you say that your college cheer team won Nationals, people automatically assume NCAA Championships-which is very prestigious. So, in a general public setting (not just in the cheer world) I'd rather show off my College Nationals Ring than the Worlds Ring.

I have been an all-star cheerleader my whole life...from pretty much the time all-star cheerleading began in PA and now i transferred into the college cheerleading world this year...I have to agree with MissBee on this one...Although I love my all-star cheerleading && miss it all the time I would much rather have an NCA ring. College cheerleading brings so much more to the table in contrast to all-star cheer. With college you are a role-model and represent your university and the town/state around you. When people find out I cheer at a college they are almost in shock in comparison to when i cheered at FCA they just kind of looked at me funny. When winning an NCA championship its not just like you won it for yourself you won it for your university. Also just comparing college cheer and allstar cheer...I'm pretty sure it looks much better on a resume to put i graduated from so and so college and also cheered there in comparison too i graduated from so and so college and cheered at an all-star gym.

Both huge honors.

I'm with Kingston, though. If current trends continue, it won't even be close in a few years.

Winning worlds made all the years of all stars actually worth it, so I would have to say that. I would really like a Nca jacket though, or a college nationals ring.

College hands down it has great history behind it. Worlds is the current cheer fad.

I definitely don't believe that worlds is a fad. You are correct that college does have history. However, if the rules keep getting more restrictive and individual schools continue to lose the ability to compete, college will become HISTORY.

I have no idea what divisions are in college cheer. D1 sounds horrible to me. It makes it sounds like a grade, and they're below average. Sorry, we don't exactly have a college cheer team in arizona unless you count U of A or that rec team of college girls ASU tries to pass off as cheerleaders. I would much prefer a world title. Even if you don't know what allstar cheer is, people automatically know that a "world" competition is pretty epic.

D1, Divison 1, 2, 3. Like all college sports, schools are split into divisions based on their size. Every sports team at that school is the same division. U of A and ASU are probably both Division 1 (D1).

D1, Divison 1, 2, 3. Like all college sports, schools are split into divisions based on their size. Every sports team at that school is the same division. U of A and ASU are probably both Division 1 (D1).

Colleges aren't split based on size, but possible attendance at football games. Wake Forrest is D1A and they have 2-3k people at their games.

Back