All-Star Open Letter To All Who Are Attending Cheersport, Uca, And Nca 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

quietmom

Cheer Parent
Jul 12, 2012
Cheersport, UCA, and NCA are approaching. It's a fun and exciting time of year that my kids enjoyed (they are "retired" for logistical and medical reasons).

Please remember that this is a deadly and severe flu season. Healthy kids and teens have died from this. To the parents who brag about their precious kids competing with the flu while not wearing a mask and hitting, bless your heart is all I have to say that is polite.

Look, I know that you are expected to wear a mask if sick, suck it up, and compete and practice anyways or risk losing your spot on a team or a chance at Worlds of Summit. I won't go there on my views on that, but please know I get it and understand. In an ideal world, you would stay home and rest and recover. But it is what it is.

Please remember that if you are sick or just not feeling well to please wear a mask if you are traveling on an airplane, inside the venue, or in any public areas. The mask won't work if it's not also covering your nose. Please wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitizer. Stay away from all water fountains as well. Masks can be ordered on Amazon and are at all pharmacies.

This is crucial to stop the spread of this dangerous virus to others. Also please be sensitive to the fact that there are special needs athletes competiting as well. Many of them have seriously compromised immune systems. Each year one of my kids competed at Cheersport, my son wound up in the pediatric icu with pneumonia 3 to 4 days later. UCA in 2016 almost killed him. This is part of the reason we retired. Even if you may not be around these amazing group of athletes, odds are you will encounter someone who is at these bigger competitions. Also, it stinks for anyone to compete when sick.

If everyone follows simple precautions like hand washing, using hand sanitizer, and using water bottles over water fountains, it will be a happier and healthier season for everyone.

Much love to everyone, and I hope you have a fun and memorable experience!

Love,
A retired special needs cheer mom

Last edited:
Back