Opinons On Bodyliners

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 15, 2011
my high school athletic director continues to insist on us wear long sleeves even when it is still very hot and humid well into late october. We have all been so uncomfortable every time in uniform. my mom is the fund raising director for our team and she said we should get crop top sleeves instead of leotard style, we have the $$ to do it, or not wearing liners at all, but the AD is worried about dress code issues. Even in the blazing hot gym during wrestling and basketball we have to have long sleeves, its annoying. What can we do? We have tried talking to AD over and over!

My team had to cheer at a JV cheer team on a saturday when it was 80 degrees+... we had the opportunity to take them off at half time so we voted. The people that wanted to take them off were outvoted because people forgot to shave their armpits :/

I would look into the sleeveless UnderArmour (if they fit under your uniform style). If that won't work try a cami or tank top and see if the AD is OK with that.

What is the dress code concern? Is it an exposed mid-drift, or that the straps on the uniform shell are too thin (I know our school's dress code is that tank straps must be 3 fingers wide)?

I would look into the sleeveless UnderArmour (if they fit under your uniform style). If that won't work try a cami or tank top and see if the AD is OK with that.

What is the dress code concern? Is it an exposed mid-drift, or that the straps on the uniform shell are too thin (I know our school's dress code is that tank straps must be 3 fingers wide)?

Sorry for the late late reply...

yeah AD was concerned about bare midriffs with one of our uniforms, the shell is just short fitting on everyone. But they are allowing us to wear our other shells without a liner if we want. For the short shell we have to wear an UnderArmour top, which we have ordered if our shell shows our stomach with arms down, which for me it does just slightly.

Back