College Outside Of Cheerleading...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 16, 2010
outside of cheerleading at your college, what other school activities do you do? or just in general is there anything else?

I haven't been a cheerleader in a while, but when I was in college I did cheerleading, student government officer, student activities board, editor of the arts and entertainment section of the newspaper, and sat on the selection committee for our literary arts magazine. Oh, and I also had a job working 30 hours a week, and of course classes.

Study, stress, cheer, class, study, sleep, class, cheer, stress, laugh, cheer etc. ad infinitum. By summer I realise I've lost all my noncheer friends because I had no time for them so I end up hanging round the gym cheering more :D

A lot of our cheerleaders play other sports like softball, volleyball, soccer. Our girls are involved in student activities club (SAC), young alumni, student government, and they are very involved in the planning of our Homecoming and supporting sports events on campus. There's also intramurals like ultimate frisbee and co-ed sand volleyball and tag football. Lots to do in addition to cheering at college. We're in Mount Vernon, Ga. at Brewton-Parker if you want to check us out. We have three more spots available on our squad - with scholarships available.

When I cheered in college I also interned at the top radio station in Charlotte, NC....worked at a shoe store...was part of the weekly schools newscast so I constantly doing newstories for that....I did an open team...I partied like a rockstar....helped catch the school intruder...

I didn't sleep much.

Outside of college cheer I babysit and have an internship. A couple of girls on my team pledged sororities but they didn't sleep often..

..there's a life outside of cheerleading?

pretty much, the schedule we have leaves no room for anything outside of cheer. which is a shame. i am a part of the athletic training association, and i help out with the fundraising committee for that. and of course this year i'll have rotations with the sports teams for athletic training. but other than that, i really just dont have a spare moment even for me time.

Study, stress, cheer, class, study, sleep, class, cheer, stress, laugh, cheer etc. ad infinitum. By summer I realise I've lost all my noncheer friends because I had no time for them so I end up hanging round the gym cheering more :D

hahahaha I'm pretty sure we lived identical lives!

I don't cheer at my school but probably about 1/3 of the cheerleaders here are involved in Greek Life as well.

Back