Owners, Coaches And Athletes. Whose Accountable?!

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by CheerOldie, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Cheer Dad

Cheer Dad Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Maybe just maybe a little fact check on the Cali / RS situation and you wouldn't be posting to make it sound like all this is connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ScottyB

ScottyB I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
  3. torycf

torycf I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I never said it was connected-just that it happened all around the same time. My CP has many friends at Cali Livermore including on Black Ops. I never said A+B=C more like there was "A" situation and "B" situation and maybe that's why "C" happened. If I really wanted to fact check I could-just didn't feel the need to do so-because I was speculating not stating truth. Hey, but if it's that important to you, I will act like a gossip and grill the Ops mom's I know this week-end! :cheering:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  4. quietmom

quietmom Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    exhaustedmom79
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I am really late to this, and I am sorry for bringing up an oldish post. I haven't been here on months. Life for our family has been hectic.

Judging by the fact that I just saw on Facebook that the Beatles are up for a fan favorite award for the Majors, I assume nothing meaningful was done and it's business as usual. I'm not surprised.

And in response to the original question, parents, athletes, owners, coaches, and the industry as a whole are all responsible. Anyone who gives this industry money in any way is responsible. As long as winning competitions, having your kid be the best, getting bids, striving for the most fashionable uniforms, and making money reigns over helping young athletes develop character and grow into productive adults, it will be business as usual.

As far as the behavior of the owner/coach, it's not uncommon sadly. Parents are too busy wanting their kid tobe the best that they are willing to overlook things that are incredibly toxic for their kid's development.

And as for the derogatory comments about disabilities, it is sad and ignorant. I hope and pray that the adults in their lives corrected them. But if they don't and nothing changed, it wouldn't shock me. The same people who say this stuff or adults who condone it will then go to post on social media about their faith and how inspiring special needs teams are.

A lot of this is why we retired from this sport and our kids moved on to other things.

5. quitthedrama

quitthedrama I buy my Insta followers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I don't disagree with the majority of your post, with this exception. Every single team competing at Majors is up for the fan favorite award. The athlete in question is no longer on the team - there were consequences. What else do you want to happen? Why should the majority of the team be punished for the actions of 1 or 2?

6. oncecoolcoachnowmom

oncecoolcoachnowmom Bestest Newbie '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach

I would be livid if my hypothetical athletes' whole team was pulled from Majors over 2 people.

7. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    and maybe thats why they were pulled, maybe the people who ran majors gave them those two choices...

8. quitthedrama

quitthedrama I buy my Insta followers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Or maybe it was a gym decision.... Regardless, something was done yet they are still getting crap over it. Meanwhile other gyms keep their offenders front and center at Worlds and no one says a word. Just seems super hypocritical to me.

9. lexikae

lexikae I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I know i am late to this post. But honestly this is not the first time or last time something like this well happen. You go to any competition you are going to see or hear about underage athletes talking about partying and drinking. I mean i have been to a few competitions where athletes on other well known teams have talked about being high and smoking before competing. You can’t punish an entire team for the actions of one or two athletes. I mean if we did that, do you realize how many teams would be disqualified from completions or even barred from competing that season? We would most likely have hardly any teams competing at competitions if you punished the whole team for the actions of just a couple of the athletes. Plus underage drinking is everywhere...i mean have you seen what goes on at the after party they have at worlds? You always have a good bit of intoxicated and high athletes at this and they To are own very well known teams and sometimes are even the “famous” cheerleaders.

Sorry for rambling on and on and repeating myself.

10. UCFKnights07

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I don't follow enough gyms /kids closely enough to know if that actually had occurred. Was it this past worlds?

11. icequeen

icequeen Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan

If you are referring to the worlds incident then yes it happened this past worlds and the team won the title. She was the center flyer.

12. UCFKnights07

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    are we referring to the black ops thing, or something else, cause it was the only thing i heard about last worlds.

13. icequeen

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    I think that was the incident the poster was referring too.

14. icequeen

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    I know this was thread was beaten to death but someone tweeted that the coach is suspended for 3 years. Do anyone know if thats true?

ETA: Also the program is under supervision for 5years?

15. ACEDAD

ACEDAD Named "Best Veteran" meaning "Most Attractive". National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    billpresson
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Verified Member:
    Bill Presson
    USASF Hall of Fame Member