All-Star Owners, Coaches And Athletes. Whose Accountable?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I log off for the weekend and come back to this?!
I'm devastated - Honestly. One of my favorite gyms/teams..

I will say. I personally have gotten weird vibes after seeing a certain "famous" cheerleaders snapchats with him..

Whats the saying?
"If it smellsw like a dog, and wags its tail like a dog..?"

RIP to Rockstar Beatles.

I don't approve of the photo by any means, but at least I can say "kids will be kids".
The video though is truly dissapointing. . ...not only is the adult condoning underage drinking but that adult is their coach, their gym owner, the person who should be a role model. He could really be using his platform to help mold these kids into commendable adults.

saw both the video and photo the other day. This is why you dont let people take video of ANYTHING, unless your doing a good deed..
i love rockstar beatles and i see them being a major contender this year, but they shouldnt be going to the majors based on the photo alone. If the coach of beatles is the owner, i cant really see how anything will change though.

Honestly, with seeing the irresponsibility from the coach, as well as how he seems to want to be his athlete's friend (by condoning their drinking/ partying with them), I wouldn't be surprised if no disiplinary action truly comes out of that picture. Rockstar can tweet all day that they are handling the matter but if anything actually gets done is a whole other story.

Is all of the above an option?

Parents: If your child is under the age of 18 years old, you have seen and/or heard this type of stuff happening, and you're still there? I'm side eying. If one of these kiddos are yours, my side-eye has tripled.

Coaches: If the top falls, you think you're not getting dirty even if you're the best, most responsible coach in the sport? Major side eye that you would put your future at jeopardy.

Athletes: I don't expect teenagers to have the best forward thinking, but if you're invited to the Major's chances are you are a dedicated athlete with some semblance of maturity. What do you think colleges are going to think about these things? Even if it's just being 'funny', these pictures are out there and will never go away. Your future matters, stop it.

To the owner, bye Felicia.

I haven’t logged onto here in forever and am pretty far removed from cheer, but someone texted me about this today so I came here to see what’s going on. I think people would be shocked at just how many coaches/gym owners drink with their underage athletes. I know of several at many gyms - big and small. I’m interested to see how this plays out, though.

I haven’t logged onto here in forever and am pretty far removed from cheer, but someone texted me about this today so I came here to see what’s going on. I think people would be shocked at just how many coaches/gym owners drink with their underage athletes. I know of several at many gyms - big and small. I’m interested to see how this plays out, though.
I don't get how as a coach, you can get your athletes to continue to respect and take direction from you when engaging in activities like that with them. And now I'm thinking of Worlds and the stories we've heard... how many coaches have supplied alcohol to athletes for those All-Star Resort parties?

I don't get how as a coach, you can get your athletes to continue to respect and take direction from you when engaging in activities like that with them. And now I'm thinking of Worlds and the stories we've heard... how many coaches have supplied alcohol to athletes for those All-Star Resort parties?

Not to mention the fact that it's illegal. I know the civilian and military worlds can be pretty different in expectation and severity, but I have literally watched a military court of law send a solder to Leavenworth, Kansas on a single charge of supplying alcohol to a minor. Like, no... If you want to drink and you're over 21 and on an international team, by all means just don't die. If you're dumb enough to provide alcohol to children (because let's be real, even at 18 some still act like children), you need to go to jail and think about what you've done.

I don't want to say people are dumb in numbers, because that's rude, but get a group together with an adult or two, add in some underage kids, + alcohol and what happens in an emergency? Is the adult going to immediately call 911 or are they going to wait and hide evidence while Suzy is convulsing on the floor? Did the recent frat house situation teach us nothing?

I am in no way affiliated with anyone on this post. I’m just a retired cheerleader here. Im honestly am shocked about all of this because it definitely wasn’t like this when I cheered that’s for sure.
It definitely was. This industry has had a problem for at least a decade. No excuse for it, but this is not even close to an isolated incident.

Who and where are the coaches?! Who is held responsible for this manner?! I am baffled!!

This behavior is out of control and wrong on so many levels no words. I mean how horrible was your childhood/teen years that you have to act out and try to relive your childhood/teen years through other people's kids? And where are the parents? Remember you don't have to necessarily land the helicopter it's ok to hover around the area at a safe distance of course. In the same building but in another room or parked outside just far enough away but not in the driveway. This is also a very vivid visual as to why lowering the Senior team age to 10 is crazy. Suppose this was "Team Bonding" gathering that escalated to that level of ignorance?

It definitely was. This industry has had a problem for at least a decade. No excuse for it, but this is not even close to an isolated incident.

Yup. My senior year was 2008. It was a rampant problem, but there wasn't social media to document those stupid decisions and share them with the world.

I have plenty of photo albums with printed pictures taken from disposable cameras that should just be lit on fire, but luckily for me, they weren't shared with the world and can't be found in a search on the internet.

Back