OT P90x?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 11, 2010
I want to do p90x but hear it's pretty hardcore. I have all the disks and stuff, I just want to know does it really work? I don't want to waste 3 months if it isn't going to work miracles. lol

a lot of my friends have done it and it realllly worked for them! you're so lucky I wanna do it haha

I want to do p90x but hear it's pretty hardcore. I have all the disks and stuff, I just want to know does it really work? I don't want to waste 3 months if it isn't going to work miracles. lol

I don't do it, but I watch of many people at the gym do it and they have some pretty fabulous results going on, but they are very consistent...doing all the different disks week in and week out. Myself, I read the review and thought it might bring on early death for me. :rolleyes: See if your library has it to check out if you want to try it first.

I watched a few of the guys Im in the military with do about 2 minutes of it before I got tired:) but I been wanting to try it or insanity.

I watched a few of the guys Im in the military with do about 2 minutes of it before I got tired:) but I been wanting to try it or insanity.

some girls from my gym are doing insanity! I hear that works... but I already have p90x because my dad bought the disks lol.

P90X works if you actually stick with it. I did it for a while, but for me I'm used to basing which is like mostly pushing and a lot of the arm work is pull ups and I'm horrible at that! Plus Tony Horton is really cheesy and I just wanted to get it over with so I was bored a lot of the time...
I've heard insanity is a little better because it's more fast paced than P90X!

I did P90x for a while and it actually helped with my tumbling and just overall athletic ability soo much. The only downside is how sore you get, and then having to go to practice like that. I tried to work around by only doing workouts on certain days, but then I got lazy and just stopped haha. However, I really do think it's fantastic, and even doing inconsistent sessions every now and then keeps me strong(er than I was before)!

What is insanity? I hear about it all the time and never know what it is...
I haven't done p90x, but we used to do Insanity at the beginning of every practice, and I would say its more for endurance. Because its like a 10 minute video (not sure how long it is exactly) and you go thru 3 sets of everything. First you do running in place and it starts off slow, then you do jumping jacks, then these side to side squat things? You spread your legs apart and go back and forth from your right leg to left leg (sorry I'm not too good at explaining it), then you do this thing where you cross your feet and take 2 steps to the left and then bring your right knee up then do steps to the right and bring your left knee up, then butt kicks, then high knees, and then mummy kicks which is when you're pretty much running in place but you lock out your knees then alternate kicking them in front of you while you have your hands out in front of you straight and alternate them going over and under each other. Then after all that you do it 2 more times.. And they go faster each time. The first times you do it you will be covered in sweat, but we have been doing it since June, so I don't find it hard any more.

Sorry that I can't really describe some of them so good :p

It works if you stick to it! The ab-ripper will be the death of me. Haha, but BTW; the x-stretch is really good, I love the stretches on that one.

My older brother is currently on the p90x diet, and it's very difficult. He's been very active and fit by going to the gym all the time and lifting weights for 10 years now and this diet is hard for him! The worst part is probably the diet, because of the strict diet and what not and then obviously the work out is hard too. If you can stick with it (basically you have to stick to it 100%, no cheating...do what the diet says) then you will be successful. It's been about 4/5 weeks for him and he's lost 15 pounds already. If you're willing to sacrifice the foods you love and a lot of free time toward all the extra cooking and a pretty good amount of time working out, then I say go for it but it's hard. But you got nothin' to lose!

P90x is ok but its a lot of 'show' muscle. CROSS FIT hands down is the best work out program for anyone!!

Back