All-Star Partner Dismounts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 1, 2010
So our level 3 team was thinking of having a partner stunt go with the other stunts. The mount would be easy (they half in to heel stretch, so the partner stunt could just walk in to heel stretch), but I don't know what the dismount could be? The group stunts tap full, but you can't full down from a partner stunt without 2 people to catch.

So, what are dismounts you can do at level 3 (and 4/5 for that matter) that would get full dismount points? Just cradling or doing a pop off wouldn't be visually appealing.

I think this is a major issue in working partner stunts into all star cheer, its possible to do most if not all of the group stunt mounts when your partner stunting, but the dismounts require other people to be legal. What are the alternatives to having people just stand there to catch? Any dismount ideas?

I dont know the exact name of it but the when the base pops the flyer spins at the top but its caught like a pop off? Would that be considered legal because it isnt techinically a cradle right?

I think this is a major issue in working partner stunts into all star cheer, its possible to do most if not all of the group stunt mounts when your partner stunting, but the dismounts require other people to be legal. What are the alternatives to having people just stand there to catch? Any dismount ideas?

I don't think it's a major issue. Group stunts require 3 people to catch a full down, partner stunts require 2. It's still less people. And it's a good idea to have a spot. Even in my level 6 routine, the two best stunters on the team have a spot for their stunt - and we just pop down from it.

But anyway, for most dismounts other than a straight pop down, you'll need an extra catcher.

I don't think it's a major issue. Group stunts require 3 people to catch a full down, partner stunts require 2. It's still less people. And it's a good idea to have a spot. Even in my level 6 routine, the two best stunters on the team have a spot for their stunt - and we just pop down from it.

But anyway, for most dismounts other than a straight pop down, you'll need an extra catcher.

I think its an issue because if we want partner stunting to become more common, having a spotter required to catch will only hinder that. If you hafta have someone there to spot/catch, than you might as well have that person help the stunt and make it a two man.

I dont know the exact name of it but the when the base pops the flyer spins at the top but its caught like a pop off? Would that be considered legal because it isnt techinically a cradle right?

That's what I posted a video of! I think it's called a twist down or something similar because that's what the person Iwas stunting with called it. And that's what I was thinking also:)

I think its an issue because if we want partner stunting to become more common, having a spotter required to catch will only hinder that. If you hafta have someone there to spot/catch, than you might as well have that person help the stunt and make it a two man.

i think you're looking at it the wrong way.
i mean a spotter doesn't have to even touch a stunt. but if you want to perform certain skills i.e a double down you'll NEED that extra person there to help catch. and besides that it's much safer. think how many injuries there would be with only one catcher on a double. or even just routines that look a hot mess...you know how many flyers would be twisting and just keep on twisting out of the bases arms?? yeah no thanks.

it's still a partner stunt regardless of that extra person even in college when people do it they sometimes have a spotter standing there depending on the skill. as long as the spotter doesn't physically help with lifting and such it's still a partner stunt.
and i think that is what is meant by bringing back true partner stunting v. assisted stunts.

Gotta have that side spot anyways to make it legal! Might as well use them to assist in cradle on the full down.

Back