College Partner Stunting (lib)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 8, 2010
Hi I am hoping I can get some tips on how my left hand needs to be when doing the lib in partner stunting. I am have this habit of grabbing the side of her foot with my left hand instead of putting underneath. I feel like I am really not even using my left hand that I am holding all her wait in my right. Just wondering if anyone has tips or anything to fix this.

Can you post a video? It's hard to help, besides the general stuff you probably allready know, without seeing what's going on.

Hi I am hoping I can get some tips on how my left hand needs to be when doing the lib in partner stunting. I am have this habit of grabbing the side of her foot with my left hand instead of putting underneath. I feel like I am really not even using my left hand that I am holding all her wait in my right. Just wondering if anyone has tips or anything to fix this.

It sounds like you're doing the hamburger grip. You shoud be holding it so that (roughly) the little v area between your thumb and index finger is against the bottom of the palm of your right hand. Like the bone at the bottom on your pinky side. I'm not sure if I'm explaining that well. It's hard though, a lot of guys do what you're doing when they first learn. You just have to get reps in and try and think about getting your hand in the right place (it's kind of akward) instead of just grabbing hold of the foot as soon as you can. That's when you end up doing the hamburger grip.

you are pushing through your thumbs, think about pushing with your palms, it will help. when learning a new stunt i try to open my hands as wide as possible and get all palm on the foot until it feels like home.

I used to have your EXACT same problem! I don't know how I fixed it, it just came natural. My coach reminded me that I had to GET UNDER the foot because I would ALWAYS grab the side of her foot with my left hand and have four of my fingers on top of her toes, while the thumb was the only thing up underneath her foot.

Try pushing her straight up and not to the side. Think center when you're pushing her up for the lib and push your left hand over more to get directly under the foot. Really, even when you get the grip right, the weight is still going to kind of be on the right hand; the left hand is really just to stabilize her and give her something to stand on, as told by my coach.

noodleashy is right about the grip, that's the best way you can explain it. Good luck!

Try pushing her straight up and not to the side. Think center when you're pushing her up for the lib and push your left hand over more to get directly under the foot.

This is really the best advice! Focus on the stunt being above your neck (middle) rather than over your right shoulder.

Thanks again every one you have been a great help. I have actually used the tips you guys have given me and pretty much got it. :)

Something else that will help is finishing your toss. Many times hamburger type grips come from trying to grab her foot without fully releasing your toss.

Back