Partner-stunting: Open 5 And 6. Is This Legal?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 12, 2012
Hey, I was wondering if it's legal on either Open 5 or 6 to do a double off the front. ((So, from hands, twisting twice (a double in upright position) and landing with the base catching hips.)) One of my bases and I have starting working the skill, and we can't seem to do less that 1 1/2 or 2 full rotations. If not, is there a way to slow the skill down. At the moment my head turning to the left and his slight spin on his one hand are the only things initiating the twist.

Thanks!

I'm not clear in level 6 rules but if it's illegal on a senior 5 it's illegal on an open 5

I don't know for sure, but suspect it's not legal to do two spins in a pop down.

I've definitely done one spin. Make sure your base isn't twisting your feet and you have to be really lazy in your full down.

Interesting. I never look at level 6 rules, but there are no twisting restrictions on pop downs expressed anywhere in the rules that I can see. Dismounts to cradles are limited to 2 1/4 rotations. Pop downs say nothing about rotation limitations. I think you could argue your way into it being legal (even with more than 2 rotations) as the rules are currently written. I'd video it and email it for verification, but yeah, I'd guess legal.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back