College Partner Stunting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That was awesome. Where did he get all the strenth for some of those stunts. I think he is actualy better than me. How long have u been coaching them. I would like to coach a stunt group like to after I get a little better and wiser of course.
I have had him for 3 years now.... He has a little bigger flyer now so not all of his tricks are flipping anymore. And he gets all his strength from technique, he is only 180 lbs right now so he really has to be quick with his toss and focus on using his legs. Its a lot of flyer too. I have come to realize that no matter how good the guy is, if the flyer is not willing to work and learn then it makes no difference. Gonna push him over 200 after all stars are over this year.

this is awesome! if that's what he's doing now, i can't wait to see what he's doing by the time he's in college! please keep us updated :)
Thanks! And I keep telling he and his partner the same thing! And I will do! Hopefully you will see him at college nationals competing in a few years!

I have had him for 3 years now.... He has a little bigger flyer now so not all of his tricks are flipping anymore. And he gets all his strength from technique, he is only 180 lbs right now so he really has to be quick with his toss and focus on using his legs. Its a lot of flyer too. I have come to realize that no matter how good the guy is, if the flyer is not willing to work and learn then it makes no difference. Gonna push him over 200 after all stars are over this year.
So how many teams do you have? We have a hard time getting boys to cheer at our gym. I have a lifting question too? Do u do alot of cleans and jerks or more of the bench and shoulders. I am just kind of curious since there really isn't a lot of info on cheer lifting. Haha sorry to keep bugging you with the questions. I am just trying to get educate on this stuff a little bit. I am pretty new into cheerleading my wife actually is the one that introduced me to it when I met her, so yah then I discovered the whole partner stunt thing and now I think I am driving her nuts.haha.

So how many teams do you have? We have a hard time getting boys to cheer at our gym. I have a lifting question too? Do u do alot of cleans and jerks or more of the bench and shoulders. I am just kind of curious since there really isn't a lot of info on cheer lifting. Haha sorry to keep bugging you with the questions. I am just trying to get educate on this stuff a little bit. I am pretty new into cheerleading my wife actually is the one that introduced me to it when I met her, so yah then I discovered the whole partner stunt thing and now I think I am driving her nuts.haha.

When I cheered we did a lot of squats, hang cleans / hang snatch, box drills (jumping up to tall boxes with weight jackets, and lots of shoulder press variations. Also lots of forearm work. Lats are very important muscles in stunting. Bench not so much. But we did it only because they are beach muscles :)

When I cheered we did a lot of squats, hang cleans / hang snatch, box drills (jumping up to tall boxes with weight jackets, and lots of shoulder press variations. Also lots of forearm work. Lats are very important muscles in stunting. Bench not so much. But we did it only because they are beach muscles :)

HaHaHa Got to love those beach muscles. Thank you for the info

All in all I think we are around 21 teams, but that includes half season and our newest location that hasn't been with us very long at all. 16 full season that compete, and 8 exhibition teams.

I agree with Cheer_explosion_coach, I cheer at South Alabama first of this year and I helped the strength coach with what we needed to work on. She wrote a workout that was made for strong shoulders and explosive legs. Lots of band work with shoulders along with push presses. We squatted, dead lifted and hang cleaned, all form work. We didn't lift heavy for the first 3 weeks or so to get the exact form. I like doing dumbbell bench because it works your beach muscles and it strengthens your shoulders. But it ultimately comes down to the only way to get better at stunting is doing it... all the time!

I am having a hell of a time getting guys into our program. I talked to the guy from "the last session" and he has 17 guys doing toss hands or better in his gym! And that blew my mind! But I am in the same situation buddy.....

Sara Masters is the deal. She's, like, the tightest flier I have ever seen in coed stunting. No matter how the base has her foot, she's staying up there. Her double downs are perfect and she spins so damn fast.

Sara Masters is the deal. She's, like, the tightest flier I have ever seen in coed stunting. No matter how the base has her foot, she's staying up there. Her double downs are perfect and she spins so damn fast.

She sets for days in her double downs...... To a point where its scary!

Back