Passing Of Coach Aj

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

L

Lisa Welsh

Read Full Article...

By Lisa D. Welsh
www.CHEERMaD.com
Amy Jones, known to most in the cheer community as Coach AJ fought her final battle early this morning just a few hours after she and her fiance Kyle (surrounded by her family) were married. Coach AJ was associated with East Celebrity Elite, the gym in Massachusetts and New Hampshire where she cheered and coached.

Amy and Kyle on May 15 minutes after becoming engaged.
In an announcement by Love Like You Mean It, the fund that was established to help raise money so that Amy could afford experimental medical care after all others had failed, stated:
Her humor has made so many laugh! Her dedication to her teams & coaches filled her with strength to keep going! Her friendships made her so open to those wonderful spontaneous moments that made everyone around her laugh and love her even more! Her beautiful AMY-zing spirit that would not, could not be stopped! And a love for her husband and family that was the strongest bond! ….. It is with the heaviest heart and eyes full of tears that almost block my vision, that I share with you …. Amy She now dances with the Angels … and is probably teaching them a thing or two!! Rest in peace Amy! LYMI 4ever!! We will always remember to dance!!​

Coach AJ at Athletic Championships in January receiving a donation collected from the audience.
I didn’t have the opportunity to meet Coach AJ, but I am very familiar with ECE, a fierce competitor that my daughters teams face throughout the year. As the Allstar season kicks into gear, remember Coach Amy. When you look at the list of gyms your athlete will compete against think about how much effort all athletes put into their preparation. Never forget how proud you are to be the CHEERMaD of an Allstar and are blessed to have the opportunity to watch your healthy child compete.
As always, teams that our gym is very familiar with and will face ECE and others time and again. Sometimes their team will have a better performance, sometimes ours will. And you can be sure that there will be strong opinions of CHEERMaDs when it doesn’t go the way we might like.
This scenario is true all over the country as teams go up against each other weekend after weekend. But there are some things that are more important than cheerleading (believe it or not) and it’s these times that level the playing field to remind us that it’s “just a comp.”

Amy Jones coached at East Celebrity Elite and was diagnosed with stage 4 rectal cancer less than a year ago which metastasized to her lungs. She underwent a few surgeries, radiation and chemotherapy. A fund LYMI was established last February to help raise money for experimental care after it became clear that all other methods were not going to save Amy’s life since the cancer had advanced.
Amy is remembered by the hundreds of kids that she touches each day. ON one of her last days of work last year, Amy told her boss “I forget I’m even sick when I am with my kids.”
Amy’s motto was, it is very easy to say “I Love you” but it is very different to say I Love You AND Mean It.” The “LYMI Fund” was created from this motto because we truly do love Amy and we mean it.
If you would like to leave a message on the CHEERMaD’s Circle of Love page they will be forwarded to ECE and her family.
Memorial plans have not been released but for more information or to share your condolences visit:
[email protected]/ 860-460-5405 / www.celebrity-ct.com

wow, our prayers go out, to the whole ECE family and to those who loved, coach Amy, her fmaily, her friends.... may the memories grant them some solace.
<3 :( a tragic heart wrenching story.

Back