High School Perfect Fitting?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 15, 2011
So my HS cheer uniform for wrestling cheer fits sorta weird. Its older and not directly sized for me but close enough, so i thought....the skirt...aline style, I wear at my natural waist just at belly button level, shell is a standard v-neck sleeveless style, fits comfy but barrrrely comes down to the waist of the skirt. We wear them w/o bodyliners under for indoor events, and my stomach is always showing when i put my arms up, its supposed to be a full shell, no midriff right?, my coach said its normal because im tall. whatever that means, and other tall girls have the same issue....anyone ever hear that? I am tall and lanky I admit lol...:) 5'8 1/2.

I wouldn't say it's "normal", but because the uniform wasn't personally fitted to you, it's bound to happen. Especially because you're tall. I know some coaches would have an issue with the stomach showing and have it fixed (like mine would). However, if your coach doesn't seem to be bothered by it, and you're not entirely self conscious about it, then it's not a big issue.

Being tall myself i can relate, getting sized well for a uniform, especially a re-used one is tough! Being tall requires a longer shell pretty much custom fitted. My school doesn't get new uniforms too often, all 4 of my uniforms are reused and fit like yours, a few inches show when im in a high-v, and just a little line of midriff shows when standing stationary. In fact every uniform i've had since 9th grade has been like that! The worst one this year for me doesn't actually show any stomach, since the shell comes down to a point in the front, but shows alot of skin in the back, which can get really annoying when sitting in the bleachers for basketball or in class on game days, imagine feeling a cold draft! But I'd much rather have a shorter top than an overly long baggy, oversized one. But yeah if it doesn't bug you or your coach it should be fine. Hope you get new unis next year!

ash.

You should be able to get it altered. All of my Varsity uniforms have space to be altered either a little wider or longer. And if it has been altered in the past, the seamstress shouldn't have cut the fabric off for the same reason. Maybe since it's older they didn't add a extra fabric, but who knows. I'd see what they could do if it bothers you!

Get a fitted tank top the same color as the shell, wear it under the shell, tucked into the skirt (and into your spankies, if it is long enough). No one will ever be able to tell that your shell is too short.

Back