OT Permanent Hair Dyes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oct 18, 2015
Recently, I dyed my hair for the second time as a dark shade of red. I kind of regret dying it that colour and I also want to dye it back to my natural hair colour which is black / dark, dark brown. I would probably get yelled at by my parents, mostly by my mother for wasting money and time. But I feel that I will have to deal with it for a little while

I wanted to know if anyone has the same feeling that I have. Also, what colour was it and did you dye your hair back to your natural hair colour?

I did that once! I dyed my hair a dark maroon/burgundy and ended up color stripping it after three weeks and dying it back to my natural hair color (medium brown). It's been over two years and I haven't dyed it since haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My CP has had red for a few year now and she's also licensed cosmetologist and she says red is the worse color to maintain and keep up. She uses the Paul Mitchell red line which helps if u want to keep it up.

I used to have purple hair and I needed to dye it natural for graduation. I didn't want to have to bleach the purple out since my hair is already destroyed from heat and coloring. I did some research and read that bath salt will help take out color so you can save your hair a little.

I have dyed red hair and love it, however its the biggest pain in my butt to maintain. I put the hair dye in my shampoo and conditioner in order for it to stay fresh, but i also use shampoo and conditioner meant for red hair from sallys.
Just from experience the more you wash your red hair the more it should fade out.

The dye was created by the salon with their own product. Is this a problem?

Salon dye is usually stronger that OTC stuff. I had purple hair for a bit, and I wasn't sure I liked it when I first got it done. Once I washed it a couple times and the color faded a bit, I really liked it. It took about 3 months for the dye to wash out completely.

Part of my hair is teal. My sister told me to wash it with sulfate free shampoo in cool/cold water. So, using sulfate shampoo and washing in hot water will help it fade faster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dawn dish soap. The regular blue one. Faded my pink in one wash. You just need to condition it after :) But surprisingly, it didn't seem to damage my hair!

if you really don't like the colour, go back to the salon where you got it done. they should have a colour stripping product that works well with the dye they use. or you could just get black or very dark brown on top of it (it will cover the red although it will have a red undertone to it)

Back