College Petition For Kentucky To Get An All-girl Squad

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it's a little silly. Just from what I've seen here on the boards, the coach of Kentucky seems to be very much coed-only so I think it's a waste of time. And just because a petition gets so many signatures doesn't mean whoever it's intended to is gonna cave and do what the petition says. Not to mention, the petition is to the University of Kentucky, not the athletics department, the head cheer coach himself, or to any other specific person, just the school, so maybe this person didn't think the petition out too well.
I get where the person is coming from, but there are a lot of other schools in Kentucky with killer all-girl teams (ex: Louisville, western Kentucky, and Morehead.) And if you know enough about the cheer world to know about Kentucky, then you probably already know what it takes to be a female on Kentucky. I don't think a backspot is going to dream of cheering for Kentucky, go to a clinic, and be shocked out of their mind that it's all tiny tiny girls and have her dream crushed. It's kind of common knowledge.

Wondering if the petitioner is more interested in attending Kentucky for cheerleading for academics?

I am with you on this one Ems. They can petition all they want but it does not mean Kentucky has to change anything.

**Wingardium Leviosa...Susies tryout mantra**

Large coed teams at the college level are just more traditional, and Kentucky is the epitome of traditional when it comes to cheer.

This petition won't change anything. WKU, Morehead, U of L and lots of other KY post-secondary schools have fabulous all-girl teams.

Large coed teams at the college level are just more traditional, and Kentucky is the epitome of traditional when it comes to cheer.

This petition won't change anything. WKU, Morehead, U of L and lots of other KY post-secondary schools have fabulous all-girl teams.

Good point.

I'm a supporter of all-girl squads in colleges, especially if you're not a 4'11" pixie flyer. But I doubt it will happen in the near future at Kentucky. They have a very traditional 'coed' style that really wouldn't translate to all-girl, unless they switch up their coaching quite a bit. Which is unlikely considering how successful and established the program is.

Besides, call me a cynic but I've rarely/never seen a Change.org petition work.

Well since the petition is closed with only 1 vote its safe to say that was a waste of time.

Back