All-Star Photos At Cheer Comps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Carrie

Cheer Parent
Mar 26, 2010
I am not sure if this is the correct area for this post so feel free to direct me to another area if need be. I am seeing a trend among the photography companies to not post the pictures on line any more and that you must view and buy at the competitions. I am sure there are many valid reasons for these companies to do this but have they must be losing business. I could not even get on a computer terminal at the last two comps to view the pics. Anyone have thoughts on this? Thank you

I hate they do this now, at one comp they were so overwhelmed with teams they never got a chance to upload my CP team and I waited and waited and then asked since YOU were not able to upload pic, will you post them on your website, the answer was no.:banghead:

I have noticed this at WSF and JamFest Super Nationals so far. It really is frustrating to me because cheer competitions are chaotic and you're always running around crazy, so it's hard to find time to scroll through hundreds of pictures. I just have this feeling I might have finally gotten a fierce picture of me and now I missed my one chance (then again, probably not).

I absolutely hate it how most competitions are like this now! My mom and I wait till the absolute last minute to go look at the pictures (I'm talking, like when the competition is over, everyone is gone and they're about to close up haha.), and we take our time! There's no way we're waiting in line for forever to look at pictures that usually are never of me..and when ones are actually of me, they are usually terrible and I'm most likely making a very unattractive face. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the feedback. I hope some event producers see this and rethink this part of the business.

Double post, sorry.
I will say that Action Moments is absolutely the best photography company out there. Not only do they set up for you to look/but photos at competitions, but they also allow you to look/buy online. They always have great photos and I think the only action shots my parents have bought in years were from them. Love this company's work.

I've noticed, too and it's frustrating. Not only are those touch screens slow, they're incredibly unresponsive. I cannot stand trying to scroll through after waiting in line to see them. I just don't bother looking anymore.

The athletes also spend time at the comps using the computers to look at their photos so this also creates a line. I have no problem with this as it gives everyone a chance to see how wonderful they looked on the mat and have some fun memories.

I wonder if people are just copying the photos at home of the website and it just created more problems? Just sad

I find it rather annoying as I'm a poor cheer mom.
I usually can't afford to buy pics at comp as I'm already poor so I have to wait till an off week to afford it and if they don't put it online then I'm just bummed ... :(

There was a great pic of my daughter day 1 at ACA that I would buy if they would put it online. (But they said they won't)
Didn't look at day 2 because I was going to be even more bummed if their was another great pic that I couldnt buy!

you must view and buy at the competitions. I am sure

I hate this!! You end up with 10 - 12 teenagers (no parents, no money) bunching up around 1 or 2 computers. They will then gradually spread out as computers open up. And don't forget the added teammates that have finally found them. I love it when there is 1 or 2 parents (Suzie's mom, I'm sure) and they won't say anything to them.

Some photogs will run these groups off, but some won't!!

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

I like waiting until the end of the season to buy pictures. I like to only get the very best ones and who knows if that first competition will be the best shot of the pyramid after all and now the pictures arent available because I didnt buy them at the competition. Not to mention I like sending the link out to family so they can purchase as well.

Champion Sports Photography does really well and usually has their pics up by the next day. I never buy pictures at the comp because there is always a line to get to the kiosk, so I hate when they don't post them..ahem Universal Event Photography...
I've actually seen tons of pictures shot by parents that look as good or better than the professionals. There is a dad with SOT that gets amazing shots of the teams.

I am not sure if this is the correct area for this post so feel free to direct me to another area if need be. I am seeing a trend among the photography companies to not post the pictures on line any more and that you must view and buy at the competitions. I am sure there are many valid reasons for these companies to do this but have they must be losing business. I could not even get on a computer terminal at the last two comps to view the pics. Anyone have thoughts on this? Thank you
Probably because if I am looking at it at home and I like the picture, I am more likely to screenshot it - watermark and all - than to actually order it.

Back