OT Pinterest

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ugh...I'm so old. I don't understand this site. Can you explain it? It looks like I will LOVE it if I can figure out how to use it. LOL :oops::p

Well you have to request to be a member and you'll get an invitation via email within hours. (or I think I can invite you)

Pretty much you have boards of different things you want or think are good ideas. You can "pin" different pictures linked to websites and it will save them all to your board.
For example if I really like a recipe I can put it on my Recipe board that contains a huge folder of pictures containing different foods. When I want to make that food I would click the picture and it would take me to the original website with the recipe.

You can look at other peoples boards and "re-pin" things they have found. I have only looked at other peoples so far and have already found so much stuff I want to make or just save for later!

Let me know if you have further questions!

I just signed up for Pinterest and don't fully know how to use it yet, but am loving it so far! How does the whole "following" thing work? Is it like twitter where you have a feed of your followers pins?

I'm on there too! I'm getting remarried in May of next year, and it's been my spot to organize wedding stuff. I'm having a fairly untraditional 2nd wedding (retro, rockabilly themed), so it's been great to organize all the odds and ends I find on the internet. And, we're having lots of different kinds of cupcakes instead of a traditional cake, so I've been gathering cupcake recipes on Pinterest too. One of the projects that my CP and I have been working on is testing out a new cupcake recipe each weekend to figure out which ones will use.

I don't know exactly how to work the followers work. I guess you can browse your friends' pin boards, but it doesn't seem like there is a feed directly for them.

That's awesome, love the wedding theme! You'll have to let me know what cupcake recipes you like :)

Can someone send me an invite? I've been waiting on the website to do one...it's been 3 weeks. Hahah.

I'm obsessed with it! Pinterest is my outfit inspiration board. I pin outfits that I like from blogs and websites and then when I'm having trouble dressing myself in the morning, I use it for inspiration.

Back