OT Plantar Warts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My CP had one a few years ago and had it frozen by her doctor. Although it was uncomfortable to have the procedure, she felt 100% better once it healed.

Are any other kids in your cp's gym dealing with the same issue? If so, I'd be side-eyeing the mats at your gym.

Unfortunately, they are one of those things that once you get them, they'll keep popping back up every now and then. My wonderful brother brought them into our house when we were younger. Really good DIY tip. Use duct tape. It may take a little bit longer to get rid of it, but it works just as well as liquid nitrogen, and for kids, actually may be a better option since liquid nitrogen can hurt a little. Save a copay too ;)

Ditto duct tape. But Compound W works well, but takes time. If you can, combine that with liquid nitro at the Dr's office. Google the duct tape, but I believe you need to leave it on for a week or something

I don't have them but I know how painful they can be. My stepdad has struggled with them since his days in the military.

CP had one over the summer. We soaked it in warm water for about 10 minutes then used Compound W & put duct tape over it every night. It took 3 months but one morning the whole thing peeled off when she pulled the duct tape off. No doctor, no copay. Just YouTube!

She's going to the doctor tomorrow. We've tried ever home remedy possible, it's just out of control

Unfortunately went through this when practising in a gymnastics gym.. Best bet is duct tape over them if cyrotherapy doesn't work or gets too expensive.
Milkweed also works, but that's climate specific.

Good luck, you're not alone!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I know plenty of Drs that won't use liquid nitrogen on a foot. They'll shave it down first. I actually got mine lasered off because shaving/liq nitro didn't work. I had to get it done at a surgery center (took maybe 30 mins total...I had 3 of them total on both feet), but that has been the most lasting thing. Duct tape will work too, as I said above, and is the cheapest option.

I know plenty of Drs that won't use liquid nitrogen on a foot. They'll shave it down first. I actually got mine lasered off because shaving/liq nitro didn't work. I had to get it done at a surgery center (took maybe 30 mins total...I had 3 of them total on both feet), but that has been the most lasting thing. Duct tape will work too, as I said above, and is the cheapest option.
Is that painful?

What about when they shave it down?
I think it is usually dead skin at that point. Non-cp had one; the doctor used the liquid nitrogren which was a little painful and then shaved it down which did not hurt. He then used some solution the doctor gave him for two weeks, went back, the doctor scraped off the rest and he has not had it come back fortunately.

Shaving down didn't hurt either, because they usually numb it a little. Liquid nitro can hurt a little. Laser was the only thing I had with lasting effect, but they can still come back.

Back