All-Star Please Help Me Find A Video Of My Favorite Routine Ever!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 2, 2020
Hi guys,

I already posted in the newbie board, but maybe there is a better chance here. There is a specific all star routine that I used to watch like crazy around 2008/2009 on YouTube. I want to see it again so bad!

Here is what I remember about the squad/routine:

1. They were called elite diamonds or diamondz and wore a black and white uniform.
2. In the middle of the routine, they did a chant which I remember as:
"Pain is temporary, pride lasts forever. Elite diamonds the best ever." They then go into jumps.
3. There was a black girl in the center most of time and she KILLED IT. She had a brace on one leg.
4. Before the music switched to the dance portion, a female voice said "How about something from like this century."

I will be forever grateful to anyone who can help me find this video! I have been looking forever. :'(

This is actually a really good idea for a thread. I know there are a few routines from the early aughts that I’d love to see again if anyone knows where to find them. Once we find yours, we should open the floor to more suggestions.

Hi guys,

I already posted in the newbie board, but maybe there is a better chance here. There is a specific all star routine that I used to watch like crazy around 2008/2009 on YouTube. I want to see it again so bad!

1. They were called elite diamonds or diamondz and wore a black and white uniform.
"Pain is temporary, pride lasts forever. Elite diamonds the best ever." They then go into jumps.
3. There was a black girl in the center most of time and she KILLED IT. She had a brace on one leg.
4. Before the music switched to the dance portion, a female voice said "How about something from like this century."

I will be forever grateful to anyone who can help me find this video! I have been looking forever. :'(

I think the team you're thinking of is Elite Cheer and Dance from NC. They shut their doors a while ago but their colors were black, silver and white. Diamonds was one of their L5 teams their cheer was the "Pain was temporary..." thing you listed. I don't know what year it was, I only have Diamonds' 2008, 2009 Worlds, and 2010 mixes and none of them had that before the dance.

I have noticed the gym's videos have been disappearing from YouTube over the years. I really liked their S4(?) team, Blaze, in 2010. And their S2 team, Ice, got some traction on the boards that same year. I went looking for those videos a little while ago and couldn't find the ones I wanted. There were a few from Canam nationals I think that were good quality but those have disappeared.

I think the team you're thinking of is Elite Cheer and Dance from NC. They shut their doors a while ago but their colors were black, silver and white. Diamonds was one of their L5 teams their cheer was the "Pain was temporary..." thing you listed. I don't know what year it was, I only have Diamonds' 2008, 2009 Worlds, and 2010 mixes and none of them had that before the dance.

I have noticed the gym's videos have been disappearing from YouTube over the years. I really liked their S4(?) team, Blaze, in 2010. And their S2 team, Ice, got some traction on the boards that same year. I went looking for those videos a little while ago and couldn't find the ones I wanted. There were a few from Canam nationals I think that were good quality but those have disappeared.
I could be way wrong but didn't Elite Cheer & Dance become Rockstar?

I honestly have no idea what an Esperanza is.

Esperanza HS song/pom pretty much invented the themed routine back in my day. Super difficult choreo backed against themes that were instantly recognisable from the first eight count: France = French national anthem. Peter Pan = Neverland by Metallica. So cute. They were THE team you came to see.

Now I’m pretty sure the coach moved to Yorba Linda but her heyday will always be early aughts Esperanza.

Behold their Winter Olympics themed routine:

This is not the same routine, but possibly the correct gym! I am at work so I'm watching with the volume off, but if they have the same cheer "Pain is temporary..." then this is definitely the right gym. The feel of the routine is very similar, but now I'm trying to remember if the team I am thinking of was co-ed or not. I just remember some of the girls were really impressive.

Thanks for trying though! I will have to watch with the volume on later.

Oh my gosh, this information sounds very accurate. If you have their 2008 mix, I may be thinking about a 2007 routine. Darn. I hate that they shut down and that their videos have been disappearing. That routine was so much fun. :(

Esperanza HS song/pom pretty much invented the themed routine back in my day. Super difficult choreo backed against themes that were instantly recognisable from the first eight count: France = French national anthem. Peter Pan = Neverland by Metallica. So cute. They were THE team you came to see.

Now I’m pretty sure the coach moved to Yorba Linda but her heyday will always be early aughts Esperanza.

Behold their Winter Olympics themed routine:

They are beautiful! I love the idea of a themed routine. Thanks for sharing!

Hi guys,

I literally have their music memorized still apparently. You said their voiceover and I instantly remembered the rest of the music and I could sing it verbatim... brains are weird.

It was 09 worlds I think and if I remember right their elite stunt was a high low high tik tok that at the time was crazy.

I literally have their music memorized still apparently. You said their voiceover and I instantly remembered the rest of the music and I could sing it verbatim... brains are weird.

It was 09 worlds I think and if I remember right their elite stunt was a high low high tik tok that at the time was crazy.
I found this one from Spirit Of Hope. I believe it's the right one.

Back