All-Star Please Help Us Reach Our Goal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

gymncheercoach

Cheer Parent
Nov 13, 2010
I posted this here because this is where I mainly post at and thought most of you would 'recognize' me from here. If it can't stay here and you have to move it, I understand. Thanks!

Fellow fierceboard members,

Nine years ago today, my sons were diagnosed with Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome. My 7 year old daughter and myself put together a fundraiser page to try to raise money for the TTTS Foundation, as we do each year. Each year we have been un-successful in raising any donations for the foundation in my sons' memory. My daughter and I were determined to exhaust every effort this year to make this year different and successfully raise money for the foundation. We set up our page and organized a walk for the TTTS foundation in our small city. We heavily advertised for it and had several people confirm they would be attending. When we showed up at the walk, we were disappointed to see no one else had decided to show. None the less, we have not given up despite these strikes against us. We have a high goal set of $10,000 and while we realize we may not reach this goal, we are still determined to raise some funds for this foundation that holds a special place in our heart in loving memory of the two missing members of our family that fought so hard for their lives.

We understand times are tough, jobs are scarce, and what little many have is tied up in the Holidays. If you are unable to donate anything we completely understand that and appreciate you took time to read this thread.

All donations are appreciated and will go to good use for the foundation to help save the lives of other babies who are diagnosed with this treatable disease.

Please take time to watch this video.
www.youtube.com . . .

Our fundraising page
tttsfoundation.org . . .

Thank you,

Leslie and Cheyenne

156949_509434189781_214000829_30590847_5565167_n.jpg

R.I.P. Lance Tyler and Luke Taylor
12/25/2001- 12/26/2001

i am so sorry! i wish i could help! i am only 13 so i don't exactly have money to donate..:(

Leslie, this must be a very tough time of year for you and Cheyenne. I never heard of this syndrome before and found the video informative. Thank you for sharing your story.

i know how it feels to lose people that close .. i lost the only cousin i had.. she was 2 months younger..we shared everything.. leukemia took her life on 9-15-09 i remember the time 3:46 pm.. i cried.. i rarely cry...

i wish i could help.. but i have no money i just gave my mother my last penny just so we can eat for the next month...

RIP Kasey Elizabeth Matthews :( i see your butterfly everyday

Leslie and Cheyenne,
I too have never heard of TTTS and I am now educated thanks to your video. This is such a heartbreaking story and I would absolutly love to donate something. Although it wont be much please inform me on how I can make a donation.

XoXo

To donate, go to the first post and click on the link just under "Our fundraising page." You can donate online or send a check.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. If you can't donate, feel free to leave a message of support on our page :).

I had never heard of TTTS and that video was very informative. I'm sorry I have nothing to donate but my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I can't imagine how tough it must have been to go through that.

I'm so sorry this happened to you.. I'm sorry I cannot donate(I am only 12) but I send my thoughts and prayers. I hope you have a great holiday:)

I'd venture to say, board traffic is down due to the holidays, rather than a lack of caring.

Good luck in your reaching your goal.

My thread was bumped to page 3 by the first day dear. I don't believe it was due to lack of traffic, that would be an abundance of traffic.
I do believe people are busy during the holidays but I think lack of response is more related to the stigma of infant death. People are uncomfortable with the topic and don't want to talk about it. I'm used to it but it's just another reason for me to continue to talk about it so that others who have experienced the same feel comfortable to share their grief.
My family says we are welcome to attend the big family Xmas party, but no mention is to be made of my sons as it would ruin the atmosphere of the party. Because of this, I didn't attend for several years. It wasn't that I had planned on mentioning them, but the fact that I was told their existence was forbidden to be mentioned. My friends are pretty much the same way as well, don't want anything to tarnish their holiday.
No support from family. No support from friends. The net is all I got.

Please don't take this as argumentative, I'm actually hoping you won't be discouraged by the lack of response. But to be fair, the difference between a Monday and Wednesday on a holiday week can be pretty big. Monday, ppl are prob just sitting around putting off packing bags, and by Wednesday are off to travel. Not to mention Fierceboard has prob the fewest threads per page among average forums, so it doesn't take much to bury a thread.

Just look at the thread now. You said it was off the page on Mon, bumped it on Wed when it was arguably slower, and now you have responses :) On the flipside, I'm sure Kingston could post all sorts of web stats that would say I'm full of it.

Now with that said, I really feel for your lack of support from friends and family, but I think you may also be projecting some of those feelings here unnecessarily. While this may sound cold, generally ppl go to web forums for a reason. If I want to talk about cars, I go to a car forum. If I want to talk about photography, I go to a photography forum. Etc.. And if that's not what they see, they move along. Additionally, I think sometimes ppl tend to not talk about things that can't really identify with. Nothing to do with stigma, but just hard for them to discuss it.

As a suggestion, while December may mark the anniversary of the diagnosis, perhaps you could focus the fundraising efforts at different times of the year, and use this date as your projected date to raise whatever money goal you have set. Having lived in the midwest, I know it might be a little easier to organize a walk NOT in the winter! Not to mention having to compete with all the expenditures of the holidays.

I hope with the passing of the holidays, you can find some increased success in your support.

Back