All-Star Please Help Us Reach Our Goal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Please don't take this as argumentative, I'm actually hoping you won't be discouraged by the lack of response. But to be fair, the difference between a Monday and Wednesday on a holiday week can be pretty big. Monday, ppl are prob just sitting around putting off packing bags, and by Wednesday are off to travel. Not to mention Fierceboard has prob the fewest threads per page among average forums, so it doesn't take much to bury a thread.

Just look at the thread now. You said it was off the page on Mon, bumped it on Wed when it was arguably slower, and now you have responses :) On the flipside, I'm sure Kingston could post all sorts of web stats that would say I'm full of it.

Now with that said, I really feel for your lack of support from friends and family, but I think you may also be projecting some of those feelings here unnecessarily. While this may sound cold, generally ppl go to web forums for a reason. If I want to talk about cars, I go to a car forum. If I want to talk about photography, I go to a photography forum. Etc.. And if that's not what they see, they move along. Additionally, I think sometimes ppl tend to not talk about things that can't really identify with. Nothing to do with stigma, but just hard for them to discuss it.

As a suggestion, while December may mark the anniversary of the diagnosis, perhaps you could focus the fundraising efforts at different times of the year, and use this date as your projected date to raise whatever money goal you have set. Having lived in the midwest, I know it might be a little easier to organize a walk NOT in the winter! Not to mention having to compete with all the expenditures of the holidays.

I hope with the passing of the holidays, you can find some increased success in your support.

^If you took time to read any of the info on the site, you would see that December is TTTS Awareness Month and the walks/fundraisers HAVE to be in December. That is set by the foundation. The fundraiser is over the end of this month, again by the foundation, not by me.

In addition, I do things for Infant Loss Awareness Month as well in October and I get the same lack of response. Everything is usually over-shadowed by Breast Cancer Awareness (another great cause) as they share the same month.

i posted the link to the donation site on my facebook hoping maybe some of my friends will give back this holiday season, best of luck and i am so sorry for your loss, <3

Thanks everyone! Today is my sons' birthday. They would've been 9 years old today. I appreciate everyone's support and hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Back